University Lake School junior Molly Seidel took part in the Midwest Regional of the Foot Locker High School Cross Country Championships Saturday at UW-Parkside in Kenosha and missed making the nationals by one spot.
The top 10 finishers advance to the national meet in California on Dec. 11. Seidel finished in 11th place.
Seidel had a time of 17:45.4. The 10th place finisher was Waverly Neer of Indiana with a time of 17:40.0 over the 5,000-meter course.
One week earlier Seidel ran a 5,000-meter race on the same course and won the event with a time of 17:11. That time is the third-fastest high school girls clocking ever on the Parkside course. A time of 17:18 by Allison Woodward of De Pere won Saturday's race.
- New school planned for 2015-16 school year (0)
- Flying fun, festivals and more this weekend (0)
- AngelsGrace Hospice's 10th anniversary celebration (0)
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts