University Lake School junior Molly Seidel took part in the Midwest Regional of the Foot Locker High School Cross Country Championships Saturday at UW-Parkside in Kenosha and missed making the nationals by one spot.
The top 10 finishers advance to the national meet in California on Dec. 11. Seidel finished in 11th place.
Seidel had a time of 17:45.4. The 10th place finisher was Waverly Neer of Indiana with a time of 17:40.0 over the 5,000-meter course.
One week earlier Seidel ran a 5,000-meter race on the same course and won the event with a time of 17:11. That time is the third-fastest high school girls clocking ever on the Parkside course. A time of 17:18 by Allison Woodward of De Pere won Saturday's race.
- It's a beautiful day for a Farmer's Market (0)
- Stay informed, recycle more in Waukesha County (0)
- Islamic Society speaker presents at Mukwonago church tonight (0)
- Anti-Walmart protesters pack Oconomowoc City Council meeting (0)
- Kettle Moraine moves to 12-0 (0)
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts