University Lake School junior Molly Seidel took part in the Midwest Regional of the Foot Locker High School Cross Country Championships Saturday at UW-Parkside in Kenosha and missed making the nationals by one spot.
The top 10 finishers advance to the national meet in California on Dec. 11. Seidel finished in 11th place.
Seidel had a time of 17:45.4. The 10th place finisher was Waverly Neer of Indiana with a time of 17:40.0 over the 5,000-meter course.
One week earlier Seidel ran a 5,000-meter race on the same course and won the event with a time of 17:11. That time is the third-fastest high school girls clocking ever on the Parkside course. A time of 17:18 by Allison Woodward of De Pere won Saturday's race.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts