University Lake School junior Molly Seidel took part in the Midwest Regional of the Foot Locker High School Cross Country Championships Saturday at UW-Parkside in Kenosha and missed making the nationals by one spot.
The top 10 finishers advance to the national meet in California on Dec. 11. Seidel finished in 11th place.
Seidel had a time of 17:45.4. The 10th place finisher was Waverly Neer of Indiana with a time of 17:40.0 over the 5,000-meter course.
One week earlier Seidel ran a 5,000-meter race on the same course and won the event with a time of 17:11. That time is the third-fastest high school girls clocking ever on the Parkside course. A time of 17:18 by Allison Woodward of De Pere won Saturday's race.
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts