University Lake School junior Molly Seidel took part in the Midwest Regional of the Foot Locker High School Cross Country Championships Saturday at UW-Parkside in Kenosha and missed making the nationals by one spot.
The top 10 finishers advance to the national meet in California on Dec. 11. Seidel finished in 11th place.
Seidel had a time of 17:45.4. The 10th place finisher was Waverly Neer of Indiana with a time of 17:40.0 over the 5,000-meter course.
One week earlier Seidel ran a 5,000-meter race on the same course and won the event with a time of 17:11. That time is the third-fastest high school girls clocking ever on the Parkside course. A time of 17:18 by Allison Woodward of De Pere won Saturday's race.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts