Santa came early to a lucky person who purchased a Powerball ticket for the Dec.1 drawing at the Speedway gas station in Oconomowoc.
According to a release for the Wisconsin Lottery, this marks the fourth time this year a Powerball ticket sold in Wisconsin is worth $1 million to the lucky winner, thanks to Powerball’s Power Play prize multiplier feature.
The ticket matched all five regular winning numbers in the Powerball drawing to earn the ticket holder a $200,000 prize. But, because the player also purchased the Power Play prize multiplier feature, the $200,000 prize was automatically multiplied by five.
Power Play turned the $200,000 ticket into a $1 million winner.
The ticket-holder has 180 days from Wednesday’s drawing to claim the prize at the Lottery’s headquarters in Madison.
Wednesday’s winning Powerball numbers were 05, 10, 11, 12 and 20, with a Powerball of 2. The Power Play prize multiplier was 03.
- Presentation of Salem Witch Trials on Oct. 22 (0)
- Car thefts spark sheriff's warning to protect property near Norris Adolescent Center (0)
- Hawkfest tomorrow (0)
- Children's book release party at OPL (0)
- Drug drop off Sept. 27 (0)
- Mukwonago students skype with Shark Tank cast (0)
- Lisbon seeks temporary clerk (0)
- AHS homecoming parade moved to a Sunday (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves building modifications for new restaurant (0)
- Town of Merton considers municipal garbage/recycle contract (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007