Santa came early to a lucky person who purchased a Powerball ticket for the Dec.1 drawing at the Speedway gas station in Oconomowoc.
According to a release for the Wisconsin Lottery, this marks the fourth time this year a Powerball ticket sold in Wisconsin is worth $1 million to the lucky winner, thanks to Powerball’s Power Play prize multiplier feature.
The ticket matched all five regular winning numbers in the Powerball drawing to earn the ticket holder a $200,000 prize. But, because the player also purchased the Power Play prize multiplier feature, the $200,000 prize was automatically multiplied by five.
Power Play turned the $200,000 ticket into a $1 million winner.
The ticket-holder has 180 days from Wednesday’s drawing to claim the prize at the Lottery’s headquarters in Madison.
Wednesday’s winning Powerball numbers were 05, 10, 11, 12 and 20, with a Powerball of 2. The Power Play prize multiplier was 03.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts