Santa came early to a lucky person who purchased a Powerball ticket for the Dec.1 drawing at the Speedway gas station in Oconomowoc.
According to a release for the Wisconsin Lottery, this marks the fourth time this year a Powerball ticket sold in Wisconsin is worth $1 million to the lucky winner, thanks to Powerball’s Power Play prize multiplier feature.
The ticket matched all five regular winning numbers in the Powerball drawing to earn the ticket holder a $200,000 prize. But, because the player also purchased the Power Play prize multiplier feature, the $200,000 prize was automatically multiplied by five.
Power Play turned the $200,000 ticket into a $1 million winner.
The ticket-holder has 180 days from Wednesday’s drawing to claim the prize at the Lottery’s headquarters in Madison.
Wednesday’s winning Powerball numbers were 05, 10, 11, 12 and 20, with a Powerball of 2. The Power Play prize multiplier was 03.
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007