Santa came early to a lucky person who purchased a Powerball ticket for the Dec.1 drawing at the Speedway gas station in Oconomowoc.
According to a release for the Wisconsin Lottery, this marks the fourth time this year a Powerball ticket sold in Wisconsin is worth $1 million to the lucky winner, thanks to Powerball’s Power Play prize multiplier feature.
The ticket matched all five regular winning numbers in the Powerball drawing to earn the ticket holder a $200,000 prize. But, because the player also purchased the Power Play prize multiplier feature, the $200,000 prize was automatically multiplied by five.
Power Play turned the $200,000 ticket into a $1 million winner.
The ticket-holder has 180 days from Wednesday’s drawing to claim the prize at the Lottery’s headquarters in Madison.
Wednesday’s winning Powerball numbers were 05, 10, 11, 12 and 20, with a Powerball of 2. The Power Play prize multiplier was 03.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts