The Kettle Moraine boys basketball team won a barn-burner over Catholic Memorial on Tuesday, 49-48, rallying back from a 14-point deficit in the fourth quarter.
The win was the first for the Lasers (1-2) under temporary head coach Reid Chase.
KM hit nine three-pointers in the game, including five consecutive makes from beyond the arc in the fourth quarter, giving the Lasers a lead after CMH took a 44-30 advantage with the first basket of the final quarter.
Memorial reclaimed the lead and held it with 30 seconds left, when Jon Galando picked up a loose ball and got fouled at the 18-second mark. He made both freebies sandwiched around a timeout, and KM recorded a defensive stop to best the defending Division 2 state champions.
Kyle Kita finished with a team-high 17 points. He and Matt Hoppe each delivered two fourth-quarter 3-pointers, and Galando provided the other.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts