The Kettle Moraine boys basketball team won a barn-burner over Catholic Memorial on Tuesday, 49-48, rallying back from a 14-point deficit in the fourth quarter.
The win was the first for the Lasers (1-2) under temporary head coach Reid Chase.
KM hit nine three-pointers in the game, including five consecutive makes from beyond the arc in the fourth quarter, giving the Lasers a lead after CMH took a 44-30 advantage with the first basket of the final quarter.
Memorial reclaimed the lead and held it with 30 seconds left, when Jon Galando picked up a loose ball and got fouled at the 18-second mark. He made both freebies sandwiched around a timeout, and KM recorded a defensive stop to best the defending Division 2 state champions.
Kyle Kita finished with a team-high 17 points. He and Matt Hoppe each delivered two fourth-quarter 3-pointers, and Galando provided the other.
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts