The Kettle Moraine boys basketball team won a barn-burner over Catholic Memorial on Tuesday, 49-48, rallying back from a 14-point deficit in the fourth quarter.
The win was the first for the Lasers (1-2) under temporary head coach Reid Chase.
KM hit nine three-pointers in the game, including five consecutive makes from beyond the arc in the fourth quarter, giving the Lasers a lead after CMH took a 44-30 advantage with the first basket of the final quarter.
Memorial reclaimed the lead and held it with 30 seconds left, when Jon Galando picked up a loose ball and got fouled at the 18-second mark. He made both freebies sandwiched around a timeout, and KM recorded a defensive stop to best the defending Division 2 state champions.
Kyle Kita finished with a team-high 17 points. He and Matt Hoppe each delivered two fourth-quarter 3-pointers, and Galando provided the other.
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts