The Kettle Moraine boys basketball team won a barn-burner over Catholic Memorial on Tuesday, 49-48, rallying back from a 14-point deficit in the fourth quarter.
The win was the first for the Lasers (1-2) under temporary head coach Reid Chase.
KM hit nine three-pointers in the game, including five consecutive makes from beyond the arc in the fourth quarter, giving the Lasers a lead after CMH took a 44-30 advantage with the first basket of the final quarter.
Memorial reclaimed the lead and held it with 30 seconds left, when Jon Galando picked up a loose ball and got fouled at the 18-second mark. He made both freebies sandwiched around a timeout, and KM recorded a defensive stop to best the defending Division 2 state champions.
Kyle Kita finished with a team-high 17 points. He and Matt Hoppe each delivered two fourth-quarter 3-pointers, and Galando provided the other.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts