There are many benevolent figures connected with Christmas. For most people, Santa Claus is the one that comes readily to mind.
But there is another figure that also appears this time of year – Father Christmas. Many other countries have versions of Father Christmas, such as Pere Noel in France and Babbo Natale in Italy. And while Santa prefers his red costume, Father Christmas traditionally wore a bright green suit.
We rarely get to see Father Christmas around here, but this weekend you’ll get your chance. Old World Wisconsin is hosting Breakfast with Father Christmas at its beautiful Clausing Barn from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Children will get a chance to meet Father Christmas and everyone will enjoy a hearty buffet breakfast that includes garden quiche, baked French toast, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, breakfast potatoes, homemade breads and sweets and fresh fruit plus a carving station featuring roast whole turkey. To truly make it an old-fashioned Christmas dinner there will even be roasted chestnuts.
Kids will also get a stocking stuffer from Father Christmas as well as photos to always remember the special occasion.
Cost is $17 for adults, $9 for children ages 5 to 12 and free for children 4 and under. Reservations are required and available at www.oldworldwisconsin.org or by calling (262) 594-6301.
- Mukwonago observes Memorial Day (0)
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts