After a year of disagreement and planning, the Big Bend-Vernon Joint Fire Department dissolved on Dec. 18.
Big Bend Firefighters (top photo) are sworn in by Village of Big Bend Clerk Bobbi Woppert Saturday morning, less than an hour before Village of Big Bend President James Sonneberg and Town of Vernon Chairman Fred Michalek signed papers (bottom photo) making the break official, while firefighters waited to inventory equipment.
The new Big Bend Fire Department emblem identifies an ambulance and a box of fire helmets wait for sorting (middle photos) during an emotional day for both municipalities.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts