After a year of disagreement and planning, the Big Bend-Vernon Joint Fire Department dissolved on Dec. 18.
Big Bend Firefighters (top photo) are sworn in by Village of Big Bend Clerk Bobbi Woppert Saturday morning, less than an hour before Village of Big Bend President James Sonneberg and Town of Vernon Chairman Fred Michalek signed papers (bottom photo) making the break official, while firefighters waited to inventory equipment.
The new Big Bend Fire Department emblem identifies an ambulance and a box of fire helmets wait for sorting (middle photos) during an emotional day for both municipalities.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts