After a year of disagreement and planning, the Big Bend-Vernon Joint Fire Department dissolved on Dec. 18.
Big Bend Firefighters (top photo) are sworn in by Village of Big Bend Clerk Bobbi Woppert Saturday morning, less than an hour before Village of Big Bend President James Sonneberg and Town of Vernon Chairman Fred Michalek signed papers (bottom photo) making the break official, while firefighters waited to inventory equipment.
The new Big Bend Fire Department emblem identifies an ambulance and a box of fire helmets wait for sorting (middle photos) during an emotional day for both municipalities.
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts