After a year of disagreement and planning, the Big Bend-Vernon Joint Fire Department dissolved on Dec. 18.
Big Bend Firefighters (top photo) are sworn in by Village of Big Bend Clerk Bobbi Woppert Saturday morning, less than an hour before Village of Big Bend President James Sonneberg and Town of Vernon Chairman Fred Michalek signed papers (bottom photo) making the break official, while firefighters waited to inventory equipment.
The new Big Bend Fire Department emblem identifies an ambulance and a box of fire helmets wait for sorting (middle photos) during an emotional day for both municipalities.
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- Farmer's Market vouchers for Seniors (0)
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts