After a year of disagreement and planning, the Big Bend-Vernon Joint Fire Department dissolved on Dec. 18.
Big Bend Firefighters (top photo) are sworn in by Village of Big Bend Clerk Bobbi Woppert Saturday morning, less than an hour before Village of Big Bend President James Sonneberg and Town of Vernon Chairman Fred Michalek signed papers (bottom photo) making the break official, while firefighters waited to inventory equipment.
The new Big Bend Fire Department emblem identifies an ambulance and a box of fire helmets wait for sorting (middle photos) during an emotional day for both municipalities.
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- Big Bend FD to hold pancake breakfast Sunday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts