Arrowhead's varsity boys hockey team, taking part in the RBC Showdown at Wilson Park in Milwaukee on Monday and Tuesday, split its first two games in the three-day tournament.
On Monday the Warhawks defeated Whitefish Bay Coop, 3-2. On Tuesday, they lost to Milwaukee Marquette, 4-1. AHS is now 6-5-1 on the season.
Arrowhead will play at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee on Wednesday in the third-place game at noon.
In the win over Whitefish Bay Coop, Colton Sweitzer, Brady Vassar and Cal Essig scored goals. Will Reiland and Vassar had assists. Nick Fisher turned back 16 of 18 shots in the goal for the Warhawks.
On Tuesday, Vassar scored the lone goal (Sweitzer had the assist) as Marquette led 2-1 after the first period and never looked back.
Jake Michael was in the goal for Arrowhead and had 27 saves in 31 shots.
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- Farmer's Market vouchers for Seniors (0)
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts