Arrowhead's varsity boys hockey team, taking part in the RBC Showdown at Wilson Park in Milwaukee on Monday and Tuesday, split its first two games in the three-day tournament.
On Monday the Warhawks defeated Whitefish Bay Coop, 3-2. On Tuesday, they lost to Milwaukee Marquette, 4-1. AHS is now 6-5-1 on the season.
Arrowhead will play at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee on Wednesday in the third-place game at noon.
In the win over Whitefish Bay Coop, Colton Sweitzer, Brady Vassar and Cal Essig scored goals. Will Reiland and Vassar had assists. Nick Fisher turned back 16 of 18 shots in the goal for the Warhawks.
On Tuesday, Vassar scored the lone goal (Sweitzer had the assist) as Marquette led 2-1 after the first period and never looked back.
Jake Michael was in the goal for Arrowhead and had 27 saves in 31 shots.
- Booze and Belts campaign starts Dec. 13 (0)
- Hy. 83 accident causes delays (0)
- Early registration offered for St. Paul kindergarten (0)
- Update on armed robbery in Sussex (0)
- Armed robbery at Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Police surround Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Big Bend to host first holiday event Friday (0)
- Water clean-up close Lake Country Lutheran for the day (0)
- Mukwonago woman sentenced for $250k theft from Brookfield business (0)
- Sheriff's Department releases sketch of Town of Eagle suspect (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007