Arrowhead's varsity boys hockey team, taking part in the RBC Showdown at Wilson Park in Milwaukee on Monday and Tuesday, split its first two games in the three-day tournament.
On Monday the Warhawks defeated Whitefish Bay Coop, 3-2. On Tuesday, they lost to Milwaukee Marquette, 4-1. AHS is now 6-5-1 on the season.
Arrowhead will play at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee on Wednesday in the third-place game at noon.
In the win over Whitefish Bay Coop, Colton Sweitzer, Brady Vassar and Cal Essig scored goals. Will Reiland and Vassar had assists. Nick Fisher turned back 16 of 18 shots in the goal for the Warhawks.
On Tuesday, Vassar scored the lone goal (Sweitzer had the assist) as Marquette led 2-1 after the first period and never looked back.
Jake Michael was in the goal for Arrowhead and had 27 saves in 31 shots.
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts