Arrowhead's varsity boys hockey team, taking part in the RBC Showdown at Wilson Park in Milwaukee on Monday and Tuesday, split its first two games in the three-day tournament.
On Monday the Warhawks defeated Whitefish Bay Coop, 3-2. On Tuesday, they lost to Milwaukee Marquette, 4-1. AHS is now 6-5-1 on the season.
Arrowhead will play at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee on Wednesday in the third-place game at noon.
In the win over Whitefish Bay Coop, Colton Sweitzer, Brady Vassar and Cal Essig scored goals. Will Reiland and Vassar had assists. Nick Fisher turned back 16 of 18 shots in the goal for the Warhawks.
On Tuesday, Vassar scored the lone goal (Sweitzer had the assist) as Marquette led 2-1 after the first period and never looked back.
Jake Michael was in the goal for Arrowhead and had 27 saves in 31 shots.
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts