Many people have “losing weight” or “start a fitness program” on their New Year’s resolution list.
So off they go to purchase treadmills and weights, join health clubs and stock up on sprouts and tofu.
But there are so many ways to stay fit that are both fun and inexpensive.
In winter, there are lots of places in Waukesha County to ice skate including the Mullett Ice Center in Merton, Eble Ice Arena in Brookfield, Naga-Waukee Park Ice Arena in Delafield.
Retzer Nature Center has snowshoe rentals to let you try something new on the snow. If you’ve never been on snowshoes, sign up for the Winter Wildlife on Snowshoes events scheduled for Jan. 15, 29 and Feb. 12, 19 and 26.
Cross-country ski trails are in Menomonee Park, Minooka Park and Nashotah Park while sledding hills are in Menomonee Park, Minooka Park, Mukwonago Park and Nashotah Park.
For more information about county parks events, visit www.waukeshacountyparks.com. For skating times and information about the Mullett Ice Center, call (262) 369-3600.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts