Many people have “losing weight” or “start a fitness program” on their New Year’s resolution list.
So off they go to purchase treadmills and weights, join health clubs and stock up on sprouts and tofu.
But there are so many ways to stay fit that are both fun and inexpensive.
In winter, there are lots of places in Waukesha County to ice skate including the Mullett Ice Center in Merton, Eble Ice Arena in Brookfield, Naga-Waukee Park Ice Arena in Delafield.
Retzer Nature Center has snowshoe rentals to let you try something new on the snow. If you’ve never been on snowshoes, sign up for the Winter Wildlife on Snowshoes events scheduled for Jan. 15, 29 and Feb. 12, 19 and 26.
Cross-country ski trails are in Menomonee Park, Minooka Park and Nashotah Park while sledding hills are in Menomonee Park, Minooka Park, Mukwonago Park and Nashotah Park.
For more information about county parks events, visit www.waukeshacountyparks.com. For skating times and information about the Mullett Ice Center, call (262) 369-3600.
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007