Many people have “losing weight” or “start a fitness program” on their New Year’s resolution list.
So off they go to purchase treadmills and weights, join health clubs and stock up on sprouts and tofu.
But there are so many ways to stay fit that are both fun and inexpensive.
In winter, there are lots of places in Waukesha County to ice skate including the Mullett Ice Center in Merton, Eble Ice Arena in Brookfield, Naga-Waukee Park Ice Arena in Delafield.
Retzer Nature Center has snowshoe rentals to let you try something new on the snow. If you’ve never been on snowshoes, sign up for the Winter Wildlife on Snowshoes events scheduled for Jan. 15, 29 and Feb. 12, 19 and 26.
Cross-country ski trails are in Menomonee Park, Minooka Park and Nashotah Park while sledding hills are in Menomonee Park, Minooka Park, Mukwonago Park and Nashotah Park.
For more information about county parks events, visit www.waukeshacountyparks.com. For skating times and information about the Mullett Ice Center, call (262) 369-3600.
- Drug drop off Sept. 27 (0)
- Mukwonago students skype with Shark Tank cast (0)
- Lisbon seeks temporary clerk (0)
- AHS homecoming parade moved to a Sunday (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves building modifications for new restaurant (0)
- Town of Merton considers municipal garbage/recycle contract (0)
- One last canoeing trip (0)
- Bark for Life comes to Field Park on Sept. 20 (0)
- Pewaukee CC teams win at Mayville (0)
- Kettle Moraine football team goes on impressive run to defeat Waukesha South (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007