Many people have “losing weight” or “start a fitness program” on their New Year’s resolution list.
So off they go to purchase treadmills and weights, join health clubs and stock up on sprouts and tofu.
But there are so many ways to stay fit that are both fun and inexpensive.
In winter, there are lots of places in Waukesha County to ice skate including the Mullett Ice Center in Merton, Eble Ice Arena in Brookfield, Naga-Waukee Park Ice Arena in Delafield.
Retzer Nature Center has snowshoe rentals to let you try something new on the snow. If you’ve never been on snowshoes, sign up for the Winter Wildlife on Snowshoes events scheduled for Jan. 15, 29 and Feb. 12, 19 and 26.
Cross-country ski trails are in Menomonee Park, Minooka Park and Nashotah Park while sledding hills are in Menomonee Park, Minooka Park, Mukwonago Park and Nashotah Park.
For more information about county parks events, visit www.waukeshacountyparks.com. For skating times and information about the Mullett Ice Center, call (262) 369-3600.
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts