Have you ever taken a walk on a winter’s night? If you were lucky, the snow was fresh, the air calm and the moon bright in a starry sky. Perhaps it “gave a luster of mid-day to objects below” as Clement Moore describes in his famous Christmas poem.
It is winter’s stillness, simplicity and serenity that beckon many outdoors, despite the cold. In this part of the country, we find lots of ways to reap the rewards of winter's exceptional beauty.
This Saturday’s Candlelight Ski/Hike in Lapham Peak State Park in Delafield is just the sort of event that celebrates the season. Bring your cross country skis, snow shoes or hiking boots and explore the Kettle Moraine's winter wonderland from 6 to 9 p.m.
Wooden Bridges, Lake Country’s premier bluegrass band, will entertain all the hardy souls from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Homestead Hollow area. If you're not up to hitting the trails, just come and warm up by the blazing bonfire. Food will be available or bring your food to grill.
While the moon may provide all the light you’ll need to navigate the 1- to 2-mile trails, the pathways will get an extra boost of illumination from hundreds of candles along the way.
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- Find steady work at Manpower job fair (0)
- Join the Garden Adoption Program (0)
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts