Pewaukee's varsity girls basketball team continued its successful season Tuesday night as they defeated South Milwaukee (5-2) by an easy 55-39 score in a Woodland Conference game.
Pewaukee improved to 9-0 on the season and 7-0 in league play, tying the best beginning in school history.
The Pirates, ranked No. 2 in Division 2 in this week's Associated Press state poll, scored 13 straight points in the first quarter, led 15-8 after the first period and never let the visiting Rockets any closer.
Junior Brittany Groer came off the bench and fired in a varsity career-high of 17 points to lead the Pirates. Jordyn Swan added 12 points for the winners and Emily Wirth had 11.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts