Pewaukee's varsity girls basketball team continued its successful season Tuesday night as they defeated South Milwaukee (5-2) by an easy 55-39 score in a Woodland Conference game.
Pewaukee improved to 9-0 on the season and 7-0 in league play, tying the best beginning in school history.
The Pirates, ranked No. 2 in Division 2 in this week's Associated Press state poll, scored 13 straight points in the first quarter, led 15-8 after the first period and never let the visiting Rockets any closer.
Junior Brittany Groer came off the bench and fired in a varsity career-high of 17 points to lead the Pirates. Jordyn Swan added 12 points for the winners and Emily Wirth had 11.
- Mukwonago observes Memorial Day (0)
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts