Pewaukee's varsity girls basketball team continued its successful season Tuesday night as they defeated South Milwaukee (5-2) by an easy 55-39 score in a Woodland Conference game.
Pewaukee improved to 9-0 on the season and 7-0 in league play, tying the best beginning in school history.
The Pirates, ranked No. 2 in Division 2 in this week's Associated Press state poll, scored 13 straight points in the first quarter, led 15-8 after the first period and never let the visiting Rockets any closer.
Junior Brittany Groer came off the bench and fired in a varsity career-high of 17 points to lead the Pirates. Jordyn Swan added 12 points for the winners and Emily Wirth had 11.
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts