Pewaukee's varsity girls basketball team continued its successful season Tuesday night as they defeated South Milwaukee (5-2) by an easy 55-39 score in a Woodland Conference game.
Pewaukee improved to 9-0 on the season and 7-0 in league play, tying the best beginning in school history.
The Pirates, ranked No. 2 in Division 2 in this week's Associated Press state poll, scored 13 straight points in the first quarter, led 15-8 after the first period and never let the visiting Rockets any closer.
Junior Brittany Groer came off the bench and fired in a varsity career-high of 17 points to lead the Pirates. Jordyn Swan added 12 points for the winners and Emily Wirth had 11.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts