Young women, grades eight through 12, are invited to participate in a special daylong conference from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 15, at Crosspoint Community Church, W380 N6931 N. Lake Road, Oconomowoc. “Detour” will present a counter-cultural message to teenage girls to be safe, healthy and empowered covering the issues of relationship boundaries, media interaction (Facebook, texting, etc.), self-love, dating and sexuality/abstinence. The conference will feature Pam Stenzel, founder of Enlighten Communications, Inc., local high-risk teen therapist, Terri Koschnick, MS, LMFT and Ricki Keepman, a college-age woman and Oconomowoc High School graduate.
The sponsored one-day event is free but requires pre-registration and a ticket. Lunch will be provided and participants will be eligible to win a mani/pedi party, iTunes and coffee gift cards as well as other prizes. Parents are invited to learn more and ask questions at a Parent Preview Night (no registration required), at 6:45 p.m. Monday, Jan. 10, at Milwaukee Street Traders in Delafield.
Pre-registration/tickets are available at Crosspoint Community Church (262) 567-5311 or at www.detourconference.com.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts