Young women, grades eight through 12, are invited to participate in a special daylong conference from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 15, at Crosspoint Community Church, W380 N6931 N. Lake Road, Oconomowoc. “Detour” will present a counter-cultural message to teenage girls to be safe, healthy and empowered covering the issues of relationship boundaries, media interaction (Facebook, texting, etc.), self-love, dating and sexuality/abstinence. The conference will feature Pam Stenzel, founder of Enlighten Communications, Inc., local high-risk teen therapist, Terri Koschnick, MS, LMFT and Ricki Keepman, a college-age woman and Oconomowoc High School graduate.
The sponsored one-day event is free but requires pre-registration and a ticket. Lunch will be provided and participants will be eligible to win a mani/pedi party, iTunes and coffee gift cards as well as other prizes. Parents are invited to learn more and ask questions at a Parent Preview Night (no registration required), at 6:45 p.m. Monday, Jan. 10, at Milwaukee Street Traders in Delafield.
Pre-registration/tickets are available at Crosspoint Community Church (262) 567-5311 or at www.detourconference.com.
- Mukwonago observes Memorial Day (0)
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts