Village of Sussex - Village trustees Tuesday night ripped into Town of Lisbon officials for the dispreportionate number of police calls that have to be made in the town by Waukesha County Sheriff's deputies assigned to the village.
Village President Tony Lapcinski plans to meet with Waukesha County Executive Dan Varakas to discuss what alternatives are available to the village to reduce the number of calls they are required to make in the town.
Both the village and the town rely on seperate police service contracts with the Waukesha County Sheriff's department. The village pays for 24 hour, seven day a week protection with a force of 11 deputies at a cost of $1.4 million compared to the approximately $433,000 the town spends for three officers who provide one patrol per two eight hour shifts.
"Sussex responded 216 more times to assist Lisbon during the first half of 2010 than Lisbon assisted Sussex. This means Sussex officers are responding to Lisbon calls more than once a day on top of normal assistance," Lapcinski told the Village Board at its Tuesday night meeting.
Lapcinski told the trustees he believed the town officials were more concerned about the size of the town tax rate than the level of service provided to town residents.
"They believe if they can get it for free, why pay for it," added Trustee Steve Berger
Trustees Jason Wegner suggested village officials by providing the additional police protection are " looking out for the citizens of Lisbon because I believe their board is not."
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007