Arrowhead's varsity girls basketball team won its third consecutive game Friday night as they downed visiting Waukesha South in a Classic 8 Conference game, 33-29.
AHS (5-5) went on a 13-2 run late in the first period and into the second as they took a 19-11 lead at halftime and were never headed in the second half.
South (6-4) did pull within two at 28-26 with 1:39 remaining , but Jessica Goetz scored three points and Jenny Smith had two as the Warhawks secured the win.
Smith led the Warhawks with 11 points, seven of which came in the second half. Andie Zeman and Goetz added 7 points each for the winners.
Katy Allen led South with 9 points, seven of which came in the fourth period.
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts