Arrowhead's varsity girls basketball team won its third consecutive game Friday night as they downed visiting Waukesha South in a Classic 8 Conference game, 33-29.
AHS (5-5) went on a 13-2 run late in the first period and into the second as they took a 19-11 lead at halftime and were never headed in the second half.
South (6-4) did pull within two at 28-26 with 1:39 remaining , but Jessica Goetz scored three points and Jenny Smith had two as the Warhawks secured the win.
Smith led the Warhawks with 11 points, seven of which came in the second half. Andie Zeman and Goetz added 7 points each for the winners.
Katy Allen led South with 9 points, seven of which came in the fourth period.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts