Arrowhead's varsity girls basketball team won its third consecutive game Friday night as they downed visiting Waukesha South in a Classic 8 Conference game, 33-29.
AHS (5-5) went on a 13-2 run late in the first period and into the second as they took a 19-11 lead at halftime and were never headed in the second half.
South (6-4) did pull within two at 28-26 with 1:39 remaining , but Jessica Goetz scored three points and Jenny Smith had two as the Warhawks secured the win.
Smith led the Warhawks with 11 points, seven of which came in the second half. Andie Zeman and Goetz added 7 points each for the winners.
Katy Allen led South with 9 points, seven of which came in the fourth period.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts