In a game that could have been a roadblock on Arrowhead's path to Classic 8 supremacy, the Warhawks boys basketball team nonetheless rolled past host Waukesha South on Friday, 73-50.
Charlie Fischer scored 20 points to pace the Warhawks (11-2, 6-0 in Classic 8), which scored 23 points in the first quarter on a sparkling 9 of 15 shooting. South (8-5), which possesses one of the taller players in the area in 6-11 center Derek Hussinger in addition to all-conference returnee Tim Woodford, held a 13-8 lead in that period before AHS went on a rapid 13-0 run.
Jonny Fischer added 11 points for the Warhawks.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts