In a game that could have been a roadblock on Arrowhead's path to Classic 8 supremacy, the Warhawks boys basketball team nonetheless rolled past host Waukesha South on Friday, 73-50.
Charlie Fischer scored 20 points to pace the Warhawks (11-2, 6-0 in Classic 8), which scored 23 points in the first quarter on a sparkling 9 of 15 shooting. South (8-5), which possesses one of the taller players in the area in 6-11 center Derek Hussinger in addition to all-conference returnee Tim Woodford, held a 13-8 lead in that period before AHS went on a rapid 13-0 run.
Jonny Fischer added 11 points for the Warhawks.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts