In a game that could have been a roadblock on Arrowhead's path to Classic 8 supremacy, the Warhawks boys basketball team nonetheless rolled past host Waukesha South on Friday, 73-50.
Charlie Fischer scored 20 points to pace the Warhawks (11-2, 6-0 in Classic 8), which scored 23 points in the first quarter on a sparkling 9 of 15 shooting. South (8-5), which possesses one of the taller players in the area in 6-11 center Derek Hussinger in addition to all-conference returnee Tim Woodford, held a 13-8 lead in that period before AHS went on a rapid 13-0 run.
Jonny Fischer added 11 points for the Warhawks.
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts