In a game that could have been a roadblock on Arrowhead's path to Classic 8 supremacy, the Warhawks boys basketball team nonetheless rolled past host Waukesha South on Friday, 73-50.
Charlie Fischer scored 20 points to pace the Warhawks (11-2, 6-0 in Classic 8), which scored 23 points in the first quarter on a sparkling 9 of 15 shooting. South (8-5), which possesses one of the taller players in the area in 6-11 center Derek Hussinger in addition to all-conference returnee Tim Woodford, held a 13-8 lead in that period before AHS went on a rapid 13-0 run.
Jonny Fischer added 11 points for the Warhawks.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts