Thanks to some last-second heroics in regulation and some clutch free-throw shooting in the second overtime by junior guard Amanda Bauer, Arrowhead's varsity girls basketball team won its fifth consecutive game Tuesday night as they defeated visiting Franklin in double overtime, 57-51.
In the second overtime, AHS outscored the Sabers, 14-8.
Bauer sent the game to overtime by nailing a 3-pointer with 20 seconds to play. In the second overtime, Bauer made 6 of 8 foul shots to put the game away. Bauer and senior guard Sydney Cook scored the final 8 points of the game for the Warhawks, who improved to 7-5 with the win.
Andie Zeman and Jenny Smith scored 12 points each for the winners and Bauer had 11. Jessica Goetz added 8 points to that total. Becky Doleschy scored 5 points and had her best game of the season coming off the bench.
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- Farmer's Market vouchers for Seniors (0)
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts