Thanks to some last-second heroics in regulation and some clutch free-throw shooting in the second overtime by junior guard Amanda Bauer, Arrowhead's varsity girls basketball team won its fifth consecutive game Tuesday night as they defeated visiting Franklin in double overtime, 57-51.
In the second overtime, AHS outscored the Sabers, 14-8.
Bauer sent the game to overtime by nailing a 3-pointer with 20 seconds to play. In the second overtime, Bauer made 6 of 8 foul shots to put the game away. Bauer and senior guard Sydney Cook scored the final 8 points of the game for the Warhawks, who improved to 7-5 with the win.
Andie Zeman and Jenny Smith scored 12 points each for the winners and Bauer had 11. Jessica Goetz added 8 points to that total. Becky Doleschy scored 5 points and had her best game of the season coming off the bench.
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts