Thanks to some last-second heroics in regulation and some clutch free-throw shooting in the second overtime by junior guard Amanda Bauer, Arrowhead's varsity girls basketball team won its fifth consecutive game Tuesday night as they defeated visiting Franklin in double overtime, 57-51.
In the second overtime, AHS outscored the Sabers, 14-8.
Bauer sent the game to overtime by nailing a 3-pointer with 20 seconds to play. In the second overtime, Bauer made 6 of 8 foul shots to put the game away. Bauer and senior guard Sydney Cook scored the final 8 points of the game for the Warhawks, who improved to 7-5 with the win.
Andie Zeman and Jenny Smith scored 12 points each for the winners and Bauer had 11. Jessica Goetz added 8 points to that total. Becky Doleschy scored 5 points and had her best game of the season coming off the bench.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts