Area women are invited to gather their friends, relatives and/or co-workers and attend the Go Red Girlfriends program kickoff event on Saturday, Jan. 29 at the Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital conference center.
Through the Go Red Girlfriends program, the American Heart Association and ProHealth Care are offering women a unique opportunity to embark on a 12-week journey to improve their heart health.
At the kickoff event, women will learn more about the program, pick up their free Go Red Girlfriends tool kit, obtain information at a health fair and participate in breakout sessions. Heart risk assessments; which include a blood pressure check, waist measurement, BMI, body fat profile, complete lipid and blood glucose check and a one-on-one consult regarding the results, are also available for a $20 fee. An appointment for the heart risk assessment is required and can be made by calling (262) 928-2745. Appointments for heart risk assessments are available beginning at 7 a.m. The health fair and breakout sessions will be held from 10 a.m. – noon.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts