Area women are invited to gather their friends, relatives and/or co-workers and attend the Go Red Girlfriends program kickoff event on Saturday, Jan. 29 at the Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital conference center.
Through the Go Red Girlfriends program, the American Heart Association and ProHealth Care are offering women a unique opportunity to embark on a 12-week journey to improve their heart health.
At the kickoff event, women will learn more about the program, pick up their free Go Red Girlfriends tool kit, obtain information at a health fair and participate in breakout sessions. Heart risk assessments; which include a blood pressure check, waist measurement, BMI, body fat profile, complete lipid and blood glucose check and a one-on-one consult regarding the results, are also available for a $20 fee. An appointment for the heart risk assessment is required and can be made by calling (262) 928-2745. Appointments for heart risk assessments are available beginning at 7 a.m. The health fair and breakout sessions will be held from 10 a.m. – noon.
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- Merton Avenue ramp closed (0)
- KM basbeall team is 10-0 (0)
- Lots of rain in the LC (0)
- Tight race in LOL West (0)
- Military man charged with Lannon house break-in (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts