Area women are invited to gather their friends, relatives and/or co-workers and attend the Go Red Girlfriends program kickoff event on Saturday, Jan. 29 at the Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital conference center.
Through the Go Red Girlfriends program, the American Heart Association and ProHealth Care are offering women a unique opportunity to embark on a 12-week journey to improve their heart health.
At the kickoff event, women will learn more about the program, pick up their free Go Red Girlfriends tool kit, obtain information at a health fair and participate in breakout sessions. Heart risk assessments; which include a blood pressure check, waist measurement, BMI, body fat profile, complete lipid and blood glucose check and a one-on-one consult regarding the results, are also available for a $20 fee. An appointment for the heart risk assessment is required and can be made by calling (262) 928-2745. Appointments for heart risk assessments are available beginning at 7 a.m. The health fair and breakout sessions will be held from 10 a.m. – noon.
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts