Area women are invited to gather their friends, relatives and/or co-workers and attend the Go Red Girlfriends program kickoff event on Saturday, Jan. 29 at the Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital conference center.
Through the Go Red Girlfriends program, the American Heart Association and ProHealth Care are offering women a unique opportunity to embark on a 12-week journey to improve their heart health.
At the kickoff event, women will learn more about the program, pick up their free Go Red Girlfriends tool kit, obtain information at a health fair and participate in breakout sessions. Heart risk assessments; which include a blood pressure check, waist measurement, BMI, body fat profile, complete lipid and blood glucose check and a one-on-one consult regarding the results, are also available for a $20 fee. An appointment for the heart risk assessment is required and can be made by calling (262) 928-2745. Appointments for heart risk assessments are available beginning at 7 a.m. The health fair and breakout sessions will be held from 10 a.m. – noon.
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts