Area women are invited to gather their friends, relatives and/or co-workers and attend the Go Red Girlfriends program kickoff event on Saturday, Jan. 29 at the Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital conference center.
Through the Go Red Girlfriends program, the American Heart Association and ProHealth Care are offering women a unique opportunity to embark on a 12-week journey to improve their heart health.
At the kickoff event, women will learn more about the program, pick up their free Go Red Girlfriends tool kit, obtain information at a health fair and participate in breakout sessions. Heart risk assessments; which include a blood pressure check, waist measurement, BMI, body fat profile, complete lipid and blood glucose check and a one-on-one consult regarding the results, are also available for a $20 fee. An appointment for the heart risk assessment is required and can be made by calling (262) 928-2745. Appointments for heart risk assessments are available beginning at 7 a.m. The health fair and breakout sessions will be held from 10 a.m. – noon.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts