A bill draft to appeal and amend statutes relating to the use of race-based nicknames, logos, mascots and team names by school boards will be shared with State legislators for cosponsorship on Monday, Jan. 31. The bill draft was authored by State Senators Mary Lazich and Neal Kedzie, and State Representatives Andre Jacque and Steve Nass, according to a letter from Nass dated Jan. 28.
The letter outlines the timeline for gaining approval before the bill could proceed to the Governor for signing.
"I am confident that if the bill arrives on Governor Scott Walker's desk, he will sign it into law," said Nass in the letter.
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts