A bill draft to appeal and amend statutes relating to the use of race-based nicknames, logos, mascots and team names by school boards will be shared with State legislators for cosponsorship on Monday, Jan. 31. The bill draft was authored by State Senators Mary Lazich and Neal Kedzie, and State Representatives Andre Jacque and Steve Nass, according to a letter from Nass dated Jan. 28.
The letter outlines the timeline for gaining approval before the bill could proceed to the Governor for signing.
"I am confident that if the bill arrives on Governor Scott Walker's desk, he will sign it into law," said Nass in the letter.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts