A bill draft to appeal and amend statutes relating to the use of race-based nicknames, logos, mascots and team names by school boards will be shared with State legislators for cosponsorship on Monday, Jan. 31. The bill draft was authored by State Senators Mary Lazich and Neal Kedzie, and State Representatives Andre Jacque and Steve Nass, according to a letter from Nass dated Jan. 28.
The letter outlines the timeline for gaining approval before the bill could proceed to the Governor for signing.
"I am confident that if the bill arrives on Governor Scott Walker's desk, he will sign it into law," said Nass in the letter.
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts