A bill draft to appeal and amend statutes relating to the use of race-based nicknames, logos, mascots and team names by school boards will be shared with State legislators for cosponsorship on Monday, Jan. 31. The bill draft was authored by State Senators Mary Lazich and Neal Kedzie, and State Representatives Andre Jacque and Steve Nass, according to a letter from Nass dated Jan. 28.
The letter outlines the timeline for gaining approval before the bill could proceed to the Governor for signing.
"I am confident that if the bill arrives on Governor Scott Walker's desk, he will sign it into law," said Nass in the letter.
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- Find steady work at Manpower job fair (0)
- Join the Garden Adoption Program (0)
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts