Lake Country Publications Sports Director JR Radcliffe provides tidbits and details from the Lake Country prep sports scene to the Wisconsin sports world at large. His weekly column presents exclusive interviews, commentaries and observations.
Follow JR Radcliffe all weekend as he sits courtside at the Al McGuire Center in Milwaukee and provides commentary from the WIAA postseason games played on the campus of Marquette University.
Local teams involved include Arrowhead, Waukesha West and Waukesha South in Division 1 fare Friday night.
A sample of the games this weekend. I'll be blogging during at least the first four, with the Saturday schedule TBA.
- Wauwatosa West vs. Whitefish Bay, Division 2 sectional semifinal, 6 p.m. Thursday
- Whitnall vs. Wisconsin Lutheran, Division 2 sectional semifinal, 8 p.m. Thursday
- Germantown vs. Waukesha South, Division 1 sectional semifinal, 5:45 p.m. Friday
- Waukesha West vs. Arrowhead, Division 1 sectional semifinal, 8:30 p.m. Friday
- Division 3 sectional final, 1 p.m. Saturday
- Division 2 sectional final, 4:15 p.m. Saturday
- Division 1 sectional final, 7:30 p.m. Saturday
Mark Stewart and JR Radcliffe discuss high school sports in this weekly video.
- Trying to find blame for the 2013 Brewers (0)
- Questions to ask as the prep postseason begins (0)
- Oconomowoc enjoying spring for the ages, with more to come (0)
- Check of honor roll indicates area's strength in boys track (updated) (0)
- O'Driscoll caught in middle of scoring curiosity (0)
- Robinson biopic '42' leaves sports fans thinking (0)
- Baseball programs practice family relationship under one roof (0)
- Talking points for 2013 Brewers (0)
- A look ahead to next year's All-Area candidates (0)
- A look back at state girls basketball tourney (0)
- More Preps Alcove posts