Lake Country Publications Sports Director JR Radcliffe provides tidbits and details from the Lake Country prep sports scene to the Wisconsin sports world at large. His weekly column presents exclusive interviews, commentaries and observations.
Follow JR Radcliffe all weekend as he sits courtside at the Al McGuire Center in Milwaukee and provides commentary from the WIAA postseason games played on the campus of Marquette University.
Local teams involved include Arrowhead, Waukesha West and Waukesha South in Division 1 fare Friday night.
A sample of the games this weekend. I'll be blogging during at least the first four, with the Saturday schedule TBA.
- Wauwatosa West vs. Whitefish Bay, Division 2 sectional semifinal, 6 p.m. Thursday
- Whitnall vs. Wisconsin Lutheran, Division 2 sectional semifinal, 8 p.m. Thursday
- Germantown vs. Waukesha South, Division 1 sectional semifinal, 5:45 p.m. Friday
- Waukesha West vs. Arrowhead, Division 1 sectional semifinal, 8:30 p.m. Friday
- Division 3 sectional final, 1 p.m. Saturday
- Division 2 sectional final, 4:15 p.m. Saturday
- Division 1 sectional final, 7:30 p.m. Saturday
Mark Stewart and JR Radcliffe discuss high school sports in this weekly video.
- Colleague Chuck Delsman on prep sports, then and now (0)
- No longer worth the struggle of separating Braun from Brewers (0)
- Looking ahead to our All-Area basketball teams in 2015 (0)
- Three lines of thinking in local sports that need to go (0)
- "Multiplier" wrong method to arrive at intended solution (0)
- Transfers play huge role for state's top public-school hoops teams (0)
- The annual guide to March Madness (through the Wisconsin prism) (0)
- Area golf center finds new ways to enhance young golfers (0)
- Female wrestlers play key roles in Classic 8 (0)
- Questions on the table as WIAA tournaments begin (0)
- More Preps Alcove posts