Lake Country Publications Sports Director JR Radcliffe provides tidbits and details from the Lake Country prep sports scene to the Wisconsin sports world at large. His weekly column presents exclusive interviews, commentaries and observations.
Follow JR Radcliffe all weekend as he sits courtside at the Al McGuire Center in Milwaukee and provides commentary from the WIAA postseason games played on the campus of Marquette University.
Local teams involved include Arrowhead, Waukesha West and Waukesha South in Division 1 fare Friday night.
A sample of the games this weekend. I'll be blogging during at least the first four, with the Saturday schedule TBA.
- Wauwatosa West vs. Whitefish Bay, Division 2 sectional semifinal, 6 p.m. Thursday
- Whitnall vs. Wisconsin Lutheran, Division 2 sectional semifinal, 8 p.m. Thursday
- Germantown vs. Waukesha South, Division 1 sectional semifinal, 5:45 p.m. Friday
- Waukesha West vs. Arrowhead, Division 1 sectional semifinal, 8:30 p.m. Friday
- Division 3 sectional final, 1 p.m. Saturday
- Division 2 sectional final, 4:15 p.m. Saturday
- Division 1 sectional final, 7:30 p.m. Saturday
Mark Stewart and JR Radcliffe discuss high school sports in this weekly video.
- Fillies play role in resuscitation of softball in Milwaukee (0)
- Gard: verbal agreement as tenuous as you'd expect (0)
- Former Green Bay Packer Green's visibility remains constant (0)
- The All-Star Game's fatal flaw has gone on long enough (0)
- Specialization: a bad thing, or key to World Cup success? (0)
- Schlundt's lesser-traveled path winds to Wisconsin (0)
- Fade of summer baseball doesn't sit well with everyone (0)
- Impressions from a wet and wild 2014 state track meet (0)
- Does Packers scheduling conflict with prep football matter? (0)
- Projecting state track and field team results (0)
- More Preps Alcove posts