Molly Seidel of University Lake School, Derek Watt of Pewaukee and Russ Sandvold of Arrowhead all won individual events on Friday and Saturday at the WIAA state high school track meet at Memorial Stadium at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.
Seidel was the star of the meet. The ULS junior not only won the 1,600 and 3,200-meter runs for the third straight year but did so in state record times in both events. Seidel won the 1,600 at 4:51.54 and then won the 3,200 with a clocking of 10:33.15. Seidel was competing in Division 3 but had the best times at thsi year's state meet.
Watt, competing in Division 2, won the shot put with a toss of 56-9. He won by 21 inches. His brother won the same event five years ago. Watt is a senior.
Sandvold, a junior, won the 1,600 run with a clocking of 4:12.98. He won that race by two-hundreths of a second. He also was second in the 3,200 run (9:20.37).
The two Arrowhead teams finished second in the team scoring
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- Hy. 16 near Pewaukee closed (0)
- T-shirt sale helps support Special Olympics (0)
- Kettle Moraine High School nationally certified for PLTW (0)
- Oconomowoc couple charged with home break-in (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts