Molly Seidel of University Lake School, Derek Watt of Pewaukee and Russ Sandvold of Arrowhead all won individual events on Friday and Saturday at the WIAA state high school track meet at Memorial Stadium at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.
Seidel was the star of the meet. The ULS junior not only won the 1,600 and 3,200-meter runs for the third straight year but did so in state record times in both events. Seidel won the 1,600 at 4:51.54 and then won the 3,200 with a clocking of 10:33.15. Seidel was competing in Division 3 but had the best times at thsi year's state meet.
Watt, competing in Division 2, won the shot put with a toss of 56-9. He won by 21 inches. His brother won the same event five years ago. Watt is a senior.
Sandvold, a junior, won the 1,600 run with a clocking of 4:12.98. He won that race by two-hundreths of a second. He also was second in the 3,200 run (9:20.37).
The two Arrowhead teams finished second in the team scoring
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts