Molly Seidel of University Lake School, Derek Watt of Pewaukee and Russ Sandvold of Arrowhead all won individual events on Friday and Saturday at the WIAA state high school track meet at Memorial Stadium at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.
Seidel was the star of the meet. The ULS junior not only won the 1,600 and 3,200-meter runs for the third straight year but did so in state record times in both events. Seidel won the 1,600 at 4:51.54 and then won the 3,200 with a clocking of 10:33.15. Seidel was competing in Division 3 but had the best times at thsi year's state meet.
Watt, competing in Division 2, won the shot put with a toss of 56-9. He won by 21 inches. His brother won the same event five years ago. Watt is a senior.
Sandvold, a junior, won the 1,600 run with a clocking of 4:12.98. He won that race by two-hundreths of a second. He also was second in the 3,200 run (9:20.37).
The two Arrowhead teams finished second in the team scoring
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts