Molly Seidel of University Lake School, Derek Watt of Pewaukee and Russ Sandvold of Arrowhead all won individual events on Friday and Saturday at the WIAA state high school track meet at Memorial Stadium at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.
Seidel was the star of the meet. The ULS junior not only won the 1,600 and 3,200-meter runs for the third straight year but did so in state record times in both events. Seidel won the 1,600 at 4:51.54 and then won the 3,200 with a clocking of 10:33.15. Seidel was competing in Division 3 but had the best times at thsi year's state meet.
Watt, competing in Division 2, won the shot put with a toss of 56-9. He won by 21 inches. His brother won the same event five years ago. Watt is a senior.
Sandvold, a junior, won the 1,600 run with a clocking of 4:12.98. He won that race by two-hundreths of a second. He also was second in the 3,200 run (9:20.37).
The two Arrowhead teams finished second in the team scoring
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts