Host Merton led from start to finish Sunday afternoon as the Amvets upset Monches in a Land O' Lakes Western Division game, 8-5.
The win was just the second of the year for Merton, now 2-9. Monches fell to 7-6 with the loss. Monches defeated Merton three weeks ago, 5-1.
Leading by a 6-5 score, Merton got a huge RBI single from pinch-hitter Chris Price in the seventh inning to make it 7-5 and then Joe Johnson delivered a two-out , one-run double in the eighth for the final run of the game.
Ryan Koepke worked into the sixth inning for Merton and earned the win. Eric Lackey was strong in finishing the game.
Monches starter Cory Millikin, who struck out 22 Merton batters in their first meeting, took the loss. Steve Schultz had two hits and three RBIs for the losers.
Merton will host the Brookfield Blue Sox on Monday and Monches will play at Oconomowoc. Both games will start at 1 p.m.
- Best Dam Bike Ride this weekend (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts