Host Merton led from start to finish Sunday afternoon as the Amvets upset Monches in a Land O' Lakes Western Division game, 8-5.
The win was just the second of the year for Merton, now 2-9. Monches fell to 7-6 with the loss. Monches defeated Merton three weeks ago, 5-1.
Leading by a 6-5 score, Merton got a huge RBI single from pinch-hitter Chris Price in the seventh inning to make it 7-5 and then Joe Johnson delivered a two-out , one-run double in the eighth for the final run of the game.
Ryan Koepke worked into the sixth inning for Merton and earned the win. Eric Lackey was strong in finishing the game.
Monches starter Cory Millikin, who struck out 22 Merton batters in their first meeting, took the loss. Steve Schultz had two hits and three RBIs for the losers.
Merton will host the Brookfield Blue Sox on Monday and Monches will play at Oconomowoc. Both games will start at 1 p.m.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts