City of Delafield - Incumbents will be pitted against each other in three city reapportionment proposals that will be discussed at tonight's (Tuesday, July 5) Common Council meeting.
In two of the proposed maps,First District Alderman Jeff Krickhahn would be matched against Second District Alderwoman Beth Leonard. In both plans, the first district, located on the city's northeast side, would be expanded south into some neighborhoods, including where Leonard lives, now in the Second District.
In a third proposal, Leonard and Third District Alderman Erv Sadowski would be matched against each other as the existing second district is expanded west into residential neighborhoods along the south shore of Lake Nagawicka and in the south central portion of the city.
Mayor Ed McAleer said the three proposals drafted by City Clerk Gina Gresch are keeping with state law and federal court decisions that require aldermanic districts to be contigious while as the same time have approximately the same population.
Gresch said two challengs she faced in drawing the maps were the existence of a lake in the middle of city and the fact more people live on the east side of the city than west of the lake.
Common Council, state legislative, and congressional district boundaries must be redrawn evey ten years after the federal census is completed.
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007