The Wisconsin Historical Society's special "Name Your Price. Share Your History" promotion has led to an increase in attendance as the promotion reaches its halfway point. Beginning Saturday, May 21, at the Wisconsin Historical Museum in Madison, and moving to each of the other historic sites and museums on subsequent Saturdays, visitors have been invited to name their price for admission for that particular day.
During the promotion, average Saturday attendance has increased nearly 6 percent versus 2010, while revenue has increased 5 percent. Overall, 2011 attendance across all 11 historic sites and museums is up 1 percent while total revenue is down 2 percent.
Saturday July 9th's "Name Your Price" museum is Old World Wisconsin in Eagle. For more information, visit www.GetToKnowWisconsin.org.
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts