Senior standout Dan Schmidt helped the host Arrowhead varsity baseball team rally for a come-from-behind 7-5 win over Waukesha North Wednesday night in a Classic 8 Conference game.
Trailing 5-4 in the bottom of the sixth, Schmidt hit a three-run, two-out triple that turned that deficit into an eventual two-run victory.
Schmidt then came on in relief in the seventh inning after the first North batter reached on an infield hit. Schmidt allowed one hit and then retired the final three batters he faced. Jarek Petras pitched effectively in relief of starter Matt Gaberino for the Warhawks.
AHS, the No. 2 seed in the upcoming WIAA sectional, improved to 15-7 overall and 12-5 in league play.
- Mukwonago observes Memorial Day (0)
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts