Village of Sussex – The Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department has received two complaints from women who live in the southwest side of the village that someone entered their residences during the evening hours while they were home.
According to a statement released by the Sheriff’s Department:
One woman said that on June 30 at about 9 p.m. she heard someone come up the steps and then saw the door knob start to turn on her bedroom door. She went to open the door thinking it was her husband returning home, but an arm came around the door toward her face. The woman immediately slammed the door and locked herself in the bathroom. She then heard the person run down the steps.
The second incident happened at about 11 p.m. on July 4. This woman was sleeping when she felt someone tugging at her shirt. When she awoke she saw a shadow of a subject that was about 5-feet, 9-inches tall and wearing shorts.
The Sheriff’s Department is asking residents to be alert and call the Department if they notice anything suspicious in their neighborhood. Both residences were unlocked and the department is reminding all residents to be vigilant about securing their residences, especially in the evening hours.
If anyone has information about either of these incidents please contact the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts