Waukesha - Chad Lurvey was sentenced late this morning to two consecutive life sentences for the murder of Andrew Long and Brian Lazzaro in August 2002.
Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge Patrick Haughney sentenced Lurvey, 37, and ordered that he not be eligible for parole.
A jury June 30 found Lurvey guilty of killing the men, natives of Mukwonago. Lurvey shot the men mutliple times, slit their throats and then wrapped them in blankets and chains and dumped them in a pond on theLurvey farm off Highway 67. The men disappeared Aug. 24 after last being seen alive on the Lurvey farm and their bodies were discovered in the pond in early September.
The murder centered around Lurvey who stored cocaine and marijuana on the Lurvey farm off Highway 67 for Long, according to the case made by prosecutors.
Haughney called the murders "savage and brutal."
- Fatal crash in Town of Mukwonago Tuesday evening (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts