Waukesha - Chad Lurvey was sentenced late this morning to two consecutive life sentences for the murder of Andrew Long and Brian Lazzaro in August 2002.
Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge Patrick Haughney sentenced Lurvey, 37, and ordered that he not be eligible for parole.
A jury June 30 found Lurvey guilty of killing the men, natives of Mukwonago. Lurvey shot the men mutliple times, slit their throats and then wrapped them in blankets and chains and dumped them in a pond on theLurvey farm off Highway 67. The men disappeared Aug. 24 after last being seen alive on the Lurvey farm and their bodies were discovered in the pond in early September.
The murder centered around Lurvey who stored cocaine and marijuana on the Lurvey farm off Highway 67 for Long, according to the case made by prosecutors.
Haughney called the murders "savage and brutal."
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts