Waukesha - Chad Lurvey was sentenced late this morning to two consecutive life sentences for the murder of Andrew Long and Brian Lazzaro in August 2002.
Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge Patrick Haughney sentenced Lurvey, 37, and ordered that he not be eligible for parole.
A jury June 30 found Lurvey guilty of killing the men, natives of Mukwonago. Lurvey shot the men mutliple times, slit their throats and then wrapped them in blankets and chains and dumped them in a pond on theLurvey farm off Highway 67. The men disappeared Aug. 24 after last being seen alive on the Lurvey farm and their bodies were discovered in the pond in early September.
The murder centered around Lurvey who stored cocaine and marijuana on the Lurvey farm off Highway 67 for Long, according to the case made by prosecutors.
Haughney called the murders "savage and brutal."
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts