Waukesha - Chad Lurvey was sentenced late this morning to two consecutive life sentences for the murder of Andrew Long and Brian Lazzaro in August 2002.
Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge Patrick Haughney sentenced Lurvey, 37, and ordered that he not be eligible for parole.
A jury June 30 found Lurvey guilty of killing the men, natives of Mukwonago. Lurvey shot the men mutliple times, slit their throats and then wrapped them in blankets and chains and dumped them in a pond on theLurvey farm off Highway 67. The men disappeared Aug. 24 after last being seen alive on the Lurvey farm and their bodies were discovered in the pond in early September.
The murder centered around Lurvey who stored cocaine and marijuana on the Lurvey farm off Highway 67 for Long, according to the case made by prosecutors.
Haughney called the murders "savage and brutal."
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts