Mike Sorenson of Merton is in second place at the 2011 Wisconsin State Amateur golf tournament at Maple Bluff Country Club in Madison after 36 holes. Two more rounds will be played the next two days.
Sorenson, the first-round leader with a 67, shot 75 and trails leader Ricky Heardem of Door County by a single shot.
Dave Foley of Pewaukee is tied for 12th place at 145.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts