The Wisconsin State Firefighters Memorial will be holding their 8th annual Ride of Remembrance on Saturday, July 23.
This event is not only a day of camaraderie, but is a fund-raiser for the Wisconsin State Firefighters Memorial to maintain their Memorial Park that was created to honor the Wisconsin firefighters that have died in the line-of-duty.The Ride of Remembrance is held in a different area of the state each year and normally has 500+ motorcycles with over 700 participants who travel the 100-mile selected route.
This year the ride will start at Wisconsin Harley-Davidson in Oconomowoc and will end at the New Glarus Fire Station. The convoy will travel through the back roads to Whitewater Fire Station for lunch, then on to Edgerton Fire Station with a stop at Albany.
The final stop will be at the New Glarus Fire Station, where an evening meal will be served which will be followed by a short memorial service to remember those that have passed away after serving their communities as emergency fire responders along with those responders on a very horrific day in American History, Sept. 11, 2001.
Registration on-site will open at 9 am, pre-registration is available. Forms for pre-registration are at the website: www.wsfm.org. The fee to participate is $30 for a single or $50 for a 2-up cycle. This fee includes both lunch and the evening dinner, along with a ride pin.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts