The Wisconsin State Firefighters Memorial will be holding their 8th annual Ride of Remembrance on Saturday, July 23.
This event is not only a day of camaraderie, but is a fund-raiser for the Wisconsin State Firefighters Memorial to maintain their Memorial Park that was created to honor the Wisconsin firefighters that have died in the line-of-duty.The Ride of Remembrance is held in a different area of the state each year and normally has 500+ motorcycles with over 700 participants who travel the 100-mile selected route.
This year the ride will start at Wisconsin Harley-Davidson in Oconomowoc and will end at the New Glarus Fire Station. The convoy will travel through the back roads to Whitewater Fire Station for lunch, then on to Edgerton Fire Station with a stop at Albany.
The final stop will be at the New Glarus Fire Station, where an evening meal will be served which will be followed by a short memorial service to remember those that have passed away after serving their communities as emergency fire responders along with those responders on a very horrific day in American History, Sept. 11, 2001.
Registration on-site will open at 9 am, pre-registration is available. Forms for pre-registration are at the website: www.wsfm.org. The fee to participate is $30 for a single or $50 for a 2-up cycle. This fee includes both lunch and the evening dinner, along with a ride pin.
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- Big Bend FD to hold pancake breakfast Sunday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts