The Wisconsin State Firefighters Memorial will be holding their 8th annual Ride of Remembrance on Saturday, July 23.
This event is not only a day of camaraderie, but is a fund-raiser for the Wisconsin State Firefighters Memorial to maintain their Memorial Park that was created to honor the Wisconsin firefighters that have died in the line-of-duty.The Ride of Remembrance is held in a different area of the state each year and normally has 500+ motorcycles with over 700 participants who travel the 100-mile selected route.
This year the ride will start at Wisconsin Harley-Davidson in Oconomowoc and will end at the New Glarus Fire Station. The convoy will travel through the back roads to Whitewater Fire Station for lunch, then on to Edgerton Fire Station with a stop at Albany.
The final stop will be at the New Glarus Fire Station, where an evening meal will be served which will be followed by a short memorial service to remember those that have passed away after serving their communities as emergency fire responders along with those responders on a very horrific day in American History, Sept. 11, 2001.
Registration on-site will open at 9 am, pre-registration is available. Forms for pre-registration are at the website: www.wsfm.org. The fee to participate is $30 for a single or $50 for a 2-up cycle. This fee includes both lunch and the evening dinner, along with a ride pin.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts