The cement on eastbound Highway 16 near Hartland buckled Thrusday afternon around 4 p.m., causing backups of around one-quarter to one-half of mile at times.
The cement buckled in both lanes about one-quarter of a mile east of Jungbluth Drive. Traffic was down to one-lane of traffic on the north shoulder of the road.
County employees were trying to patch things up from 4:30 p.m. The excessive heat made the concrete buckle.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts