The cement on eastbound Highway 16 near Hartland buckled Thrusday afternon around 4 p.m., causing backups of around one-quarter to one-half of mile at times.
The cement buckled in both lanes about one-quarter of a mile east of Jungbluth Drive. Traffic was down to one-lane of traffic on the north shoulder of the road.
County employees were trying to patch things up from 4:30 p.m. The excessive heat made the concrete buckle.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts