Mike McDonald of Germantown won the Wisconsin State Golf Association's State Amateur title Thursday afternoon at Maple Bluff Country Club in Madison. He finished the 72-hole event with a score of 1-over-par 285. He won by one stroke.
Finishing second were Ricky Hearden of Door County and Jack Schultz of Fire Ridge Golf Course in Grafton. They both had 286 totals.
Taylor Johnson of Oconomowoc and Shawn Foley of Pewaukee led the local golfers in the field as both tied for seventh place with scores of 289.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts