Mike McDonald of Germantown won the Wisconsin State Golf Association's State Amateur title Thursday afternoon at Maple Bluff Country Club in Madison. He finished the 72-hole event with a score of 1-over-par 285. He won by one stroke.
Finishing second were Ricky Hearden of Door County and Jack Schultz of Fire Ridge Golf Course in Grafton. They both had 286 totals.
Taylor Johnson of Oconomowoc and Shawn Foley of Pewaukee led the local golfers in the field as both tied for seventh place with scores of 289.
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts