Mike McDonald of Germantown won the Wisconsin State Golf Association's State Amateur title Thursday afternoon at Maple Bluff Country Club in Madison. He finished the 72-hole event with a score of 1-over-par 285. He won by one stroke.
Finishing second were Ricky Hearden of Door County and Jack Schultz of Fire Ridge Golf Course in Grafton. They both had 286 totals.
Taylor Johnson of Oconomowoc and Shawn Foley of Pewaukee led the local golfers in the field as both tied for seventh place with scores of 289.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts