Mike McDonald of Germantown won the Wisconsin State Golf Association's State Amateur title Thursday afternoon at Maple Bluff Country Club in Madison. He finished the 72-hole event with a score of 1-over-par 285. He won by one stroke.
Finishing second were Ricky Hearden of Door County and Jack Schultz of Fire Ridge Golf Course in Grafton. They both had 286 totals.
Taylor Johnson of Oconomowoc and Shawn Foley of Pewaukee led the local golfers in the field as both tied for seventh place with scores of 289.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts