Pallets of wood flooring wait for installation in the Mukwonago High School gymnasium after a burst cap on a water line in a classroom over a June weekend sent water flooding down the hall and into part of the gym, damaging the floor that was installed in the early 1970s.
The cost of repairing the damage is covered under the school's insurance, according to MHS Principal Shawn McNulty.
The new floor will have the fast M logo, but not the word "Indians" until final resolution regarding the lawsuit on the unconstitutionality of the Indian mascot. A hearing on the lawsuit filed by Rusty Schoolcraft and Craig Vertz, which was scheduled for July 20, has been postponed until Sept. 20.
Watch for the complete story in the July 27 Mukwonago Chief.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts