Pallets of wood flooring wait for installation in the Mukwonago High School gymnasium after a burst cap on a water line in a classroom over a June weekend sent water flooding down the hall and into part of the gym, damaging the floor that was installed in the early 1970s.
The cost of repairing the damage is covered under the school's insurance, according to MHS Principal Shawn McNulty.
The new floor will have the fast M logo, but not the word "Indians" until final resolution regarding the lawsuit on the unconstitutionality of the Indian mascot. A hearing on the lawsuit filed by Rusty Schoolcraft and Craig Vertz, which was scheduled for July 20, has been postponed until Sept. 20.
Watch for the complete story in the July 27 Mukwonago Chief.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts