Help the Waukesha County Backpack Coalition Fill the Bus from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday July 30, with greatly needed donations of new backpacks and school supplies to ensure Waukesha County students in need start school this fall with the supplies they need to learn and be successful.
Fill the Bus locations include Wal-Mart in Pewaukee, Sam’s Club in Waukesha and Walgreens in Hartland. Volunteers of Lake Country will provide volunteers at all thee of the locations to pass out list of ‘most needed items’ as well as to collect donations of school supplies from patrons.
The Klements Famous Racing Sausages will be at the Wal-Mart in Pewaukee and Sam’s Club in Waukesha. Bring your camera, make a donation to help fill the bus and take a photo with one of the Racing Sausages.
In 2010, more than 1,600 backpacks filled with school supplies were distributed to Waukesha County students in need with an increase expected this year.
“Any support you could provide this program will make a significant impact in the lives of hundreds of families in the community. It is a joy to see the faces of the children light up when they receive their brand new backpack” stated Colleen Martin Waukesha County Backpack Coalition founding member.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts