The Oconomowoc Five O's Land O' Lakes Western Division baseball team won the second tiebreaker over Monches and earned the sixth and final playoff berth.
Oconomowoc and Monches tied for sixth place (top six places earn playoff berths) with 9-9 records. The first tiebreaker was head-to-head and the two teams split. The second tiebreaker is wins over teams that are in the playoffs. In that battle, Oconomowoc won by a 4-2 margin.
The Brookfield Bulldogs finished first (15-3) followed by Sussex (13-5) in second, Lannon (13-5) third, Pewaukee (13-5) fourth, West Bend (10-7) fifth and Oconomowoc (9-9).
Next Saturday Oconomowoc will play at Lannon at 1 p.m. and West Bend will play at Pewaukee at 2:30 p.m.
On Sunday, Sussex will host the highest-seed team at noon and the Bulldogs will host the lowest seed at 1:30 p.m.
Games Satruday saw Merton edge North Lake 4-3, Sussex upset the Bulldogs 6-4, Menomonee Falls blast Hartland 17-1, Lannon down Monches 7-3, Pewaukee stop the Brookfield Blue Sox 9-4 and Oconomowoc outslug West Bend 15-8.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts