The Oconomowoc Five O's Land O' Lakes Western Division baseball team won the second tiebreaker over Monches and earned the sixth and final playoff berth.
Oconomowoc and Monches tied for sixth place (top six places earn playoff berths) with 9-9 records. The first tiebreaker was head-to-head and the two teams split. The second tiebreaker is wins over teams that are in the playoffs. In that battle, Oconomowoc won by a 4-2 margin.
The Brookfield Bulldogs finished first (15-3) followed by Sussex (13-5) in second, Lannon (13-5) third, Pewaukee (13-5) fourth, West Bend (10-7) fifth and Oconomowoc (9-9).
Next Saturday Oconomowoc will play at Lannon at 1 p.m. and West Bend will play at Pewaukee at 2:30 p.m.
On Sunday, Sussex will host the highest-seed team at noon and the Bulldogs will host the lowest seed at 1:30 p.m.
Games Satruday saw Merton edge North Lake 4-3, Sussex upset the Bulldogs 6-4, Menomonee Falls blast Hartland 17-1, Lannon down Monches 7-3, Pewaukee stop the Brookfield Blue Sox 9-4 and Oconomowoc outslug West Bend 15-8.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts