Old World Wisconsin will be the site of a vibrant and often humorous dinner theater production of "Paragon Springs" by Steven Dietz, on Aug. 12 - 14 and Aug. 19 - 21.
According to the production's director, Robert Parker, "We chose 'Paragon Springs' for its historic, yet timely content, but also because it's full of eccentric characters, wild plot twists and dynamic scenes, reveling in the excitement of the 1920s and the passions of small-town politics and families."
The evening's entertainment begins the moment guests step on site, as they slip away into a 1920s rural speakeasy for some clandestine liquid refreshment, appetizers served by waiters in period attire, and a delicious, themed dinner, including offerings like Stockman's Bourbon-Glazed Pork Chop, honoring the drama's protagonist and whistle blower.
After dinner, the show's actors will lead guests by lamplight to historic Caldwell Farmers' Club Hall, where the famed "healing waters" of Paragon Springs have been mysteriously poisoned, and the town's foremost citizen, Dr. Stockman, is determined to reveal the truth, no matter the cost. Set in 1926 southeast Wisconsin, the play is, "an inspired reworking of 'An Enemy of the People,' (by Henrik Ibsen) … not just vivid, compelling and filled with complex characters — it is also eerily prophetic," according to a "Chicago Sun-Tiimes" review.
"Paragon Springs" Ticket Information: Aug. 12-14, 19-21; Fridays and Saturdays at 7 p.m.; Sundays at 5 p.m. Adults: $60; children (17 and under): $50. Ticket purchase includes museum visit voucher good through Oct. 31, 2011.
Reservations are required. Visit www.oldworldwisconsin.org or call (262) 594-6301.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts