Pewaukee and Lannon won Land O' Lakes Western Division playoff baseball games Sunday to advance to the second round later on Sunday.
Pewaukee won a suspended game against visiting West Bend, winning 2-1. Sunday's game lasted just 12 pitches as West Bend scored once in the top of the ninth before losing. The game was stopped Saturday afternoon after eight full innings with Pewaukee winning, 2-0. Sunday's suspended game lasted six minutes.
By winning, Pewaukee advanced to play the host Brookfield Bulldogs at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday.
Lannon whipped visiting Oconomowoc on Sunday, 11-1. The Stonemen led 9-0 after two innings.
By winning, Lannon played at Sussex at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday. Lannon catcher Dean Haase had three hits, including one home run and drove in four runs. Nick Erd had two hits and two runs batted in for the winners. Erd also was the winning pitcher.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts