The Troy Center Fire Department (top photo) passes under an American flag during the fire department parade at the Wisconsin Alliance for Fire Safety's Summer Camp for Burn Injured Youth at Camp Timberlee in East Troy.
A camp participant waits in the basket of the East Troy Fire Department ladder truck for the start of the parade on Thursday. Each year fire departments from southeast Wisconsin participate in the parade to give rides to campers and family members.
The Wisconsin Alliance for Fire Safety’s Summer Camp for Burn Injured Youth is a statewide effort to provide a summer camping experience for youth 7-17 who have endured significant burn injuries, according to the Wisconsin Alliance for Fire Safety website.
The purpose of the camp is to provide for the unique needs of burn injured youth, while they are having fun, making friends, sharing feeling and developing self-esteem to promote coping and life beyond the burn injury for these children
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts