The Troy Center Fire Department (top photo) passes under an American flag during the fire department parade at the Wisconsin Alliance for Fire Safety's Summer Camp for Burn Injured Youth at Camp Timberlee in East Troy.
A camp participant waits in the basket of the East Troy Fire Department ladder truck for the start of the parade on Thursday. Each year fire departments from southeast Wisconsin participate in the parade to give rides to campers and family members.
The Wisconsin Alliance for Fire Safety’s Summer Camp for Burn Injured Youth is a statewide effort to provide a summer camping experience for youth 7-17 who have endured significant burn injuries, according to the Wisconsin Alliance for Fire Safety website.
The purpose of the camp is to provide for the unique needs of burn injured youth, while they are having fun, making friends, sharing feeling and developing self-esteem to promote coping and life beyond the burn injury for these children
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts