The Troy Center Fire Department (top photo) passes under an American flag during the fire department parade at the Wisconsin Alliance for Fire Safety's Summer Camp for Burn Injured Youth at Camp Timberlee in East Troy.
A camp participant waits in the basket of the East Troy Fire Department ladder truck for the start of the parade on Thursday. Each year fire departments from southeast Wisconsin participate in the parade to give rides to campers and family members.
The Wisconsin Alliance for Fire Safety’s Summer Camp for Burn Injured Youth is a statewide effort to provide a summer camping experience for youth 7-17 who have endured significant burn injuries, according to the Wisconsin Alliance for Fire Safety website.
The purpose of the camp is to provide for the unique needs of burn injured youth, while they are having fun, making friends, sharing feeling and developing self-esteem to promote coping and life beyond the burn injury for these children
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts