The Troy Center Fire Department (top photo) passes under an American flag during the fire department parade at the Wisconsin Alliance for Fire Safety's Summer Camp for Burn Injured Youth at Camp Timberlee in East Troy.
A camp participant waits in the basket of the East Troy Fire Department ladder truck for the start of the parade on Thursday. Each year fire departments from southeast Wisconsin participate in the parade to give rides to campers and family members.
The Wisconsin Alliance for Fire Safety’s Summer Camp for Burn Injured Youth is a statewide effort to provide a summer camping experience for youth 7-17 who have endured significant burn injuries, according to the Wisconsin Alliance for Fire Safety website.
The purpose of the camp is to provide for the unique needs of burn injured youth, while they are having fun, making friends, sharing feeling and developing self-esteem to promote coping and life beyond the burn injury for these children
- Mukwonago observes Memorial Day (0)
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts