The Troy Center Fire Department (top photo) passes under an American flag during the fire department parade at the Wisconsin Alliance for Fire Safety's Summer Camp for Burn Injured Youth at Camp Timberlee in East Troy.
A camp participant waits in the basket of the East Troy Fire Department ladder truck for the start of the parade on Thursday. Each year fire departments from southeast Wisconsin participate in the parade to give rides to campers and family members.
The Wisconsin Alliance for Fire Safety’s Summer Camp for Burn Injured Youth is a statewide effort to provide a summer camping experience for youth 7-17 who have endured significant burn injuries, according to the Wisconsin Alliance for Fire Safety website.
The purpose of the camp is to provide for the unique needs of burn injured youth, while they are having fun, making friends, sharing feeling and developing self-esteem to promote coping and life beyond the burn injury for these children
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts