While no official was taken during last night's special meeting addressing a proposed merger between the Dousman Fire District and the Summit Fire District, board members from the Villages of Dousman and Summit and the Town of Ottawa showed their inital support for a merger.
However, as the draft proposal stands now, the Village of Dousman would have an initial, negative financial impact, and as such asked for an extra month to look into legal options available to them to soften the blow of costs.
“I know that the village of Dousman has the largest financial commitment with this,” Dousman President Jack Nissen said, but added that he is in general conceptual agreement with the proposal.
Look for the full story and details on the merger in tomorrow's Kettle Moraine Index.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts