While no official was taken during last night's special meeting addressing a proposed merger between the Dousman Fire District and the Summit Fire District, board members from the Villages of Dousman and Summit and the Town of Ottawa showed their inital support for a merger.
However, as the draft proposal stands now, the Village of Dousman would have an initial, negative financial impact, and as such asked for an extra month to look into legal options available to them to soften the blow of costs.
“I know that the village of Dousman has the largest financial commitment with this,” Dousman President Jack Nissen said, but added that he is in general conceptual agreement with the proposal.
Look for the full story and details on the merger in tomorrow's Kettle Moraine Index.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts