While no official was taken during last night's special meeting addressing a proposed merger between the Dousman Fire District and the Summit Fire District, board members from the Villages of Dousman and Summit and the Town of Ottawa showed their inital support for a merger.
However, as the draft proposal stands now, the Village of Dousman would have an initial, negative financial impact, and as such asked for an extra month to look into legal options available to them to soften the blow of costs.
“I know that the village of Dousman has the largest financial commitment with this,” Dousman President Jack Nissen said, but added that he is in general conceptual agreement with the proposal.
Look for the full story and details on the merger in tomorrow's Kettle Moraine Index.
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts