While no official was taken during last night's special meeting addressing a proposed merger between the Dousman Fire District and the Summit Fire District, board members from the Villages of Dousman and Summit and the Town of Ottawa showed their inital support for a merger.
However, as the draft proposal stands now, the Village of Dousman would have an initial, negative financial impact, and as such asked for an extra month to look into legal options available to them to soften the blow of costs.
“I know that the village of Dousman has the largest financial commitment with this,” Dousman President Jack Nissen said, but added that he is in general conceptual agreement with the proposal.
Look for the full story and details on the merger in tomorrow's Kettle Moraine Index.
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- Big Bend FD to hold pancake breakfast Sunday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts