While no official was taken during last night's special meeting addressing a proposed merger between the Dousman Fire District and the Summit Fire District, board members from the Villages of Dousman and Summit and the Town of Ottawa showed their inital support for a merger.
However, as the draft proposal stands now, the Village of Dousman would have an initial, negative financial impact, and as such asked for an extra month to look into legal options available to them to soften the blow of costs.
“I know that the village of Dousman has the largest financial commitment with this,” Dousman President Jack Nissen said, but added that he is in general conceptual agreement with the proposal.
Look for the full story and details on the merger in tomorrow's Kettle Moraine Index.
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- Hy. 16 near Pewaukee closed (0)
- T-shirt sale helps support Special Olympics (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts