Pewaukee's varsity football team opened the 2011 home season Friday night by suffering a 9-7 Woodland Conference loss to Greenfield.
With the game tied at 7-7 in the fourth quarter, four Greenfield defenders sacked PHS quarterback Brock Bateman for a safety, providing the winning points.
Greenfield led 7-0 at halftime but watched as Austin Schroeder of the Pirates blocked a 39-yard field goal try and the loose ball was picked up and returned for a touchdown by Josh Berg midway in the third quarter.
Three series later the Pirates suffered the safety, causing the 2-point loss.
Pewaukee's offense was blanked for the second straight week. In eight quarters this season, the PHS offense is a minus-2 points.
Pewaukee fell to 0-2 with the defeat.
- Mukwonago observes Memorial Day (0)
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts