Pewaukee's varsity football team opened the 2011 home season Friday night by suffering a 9-7 Woodland Conference loss to Greenfield.
With the game tied at 7-7 in the fourth quarter, four Greenfield defenders sacked PHS quarterback Brock Bateman for a safety, providing the winning points.
Greenfield led 7-0 at halftime but watched as Austin Schroeder of the Pirates blocked a 39-yard field goal try and the loose ball was picked up and returned for a touchdown by Josh Berg midway in the third quarter.
Three series later the Pirates suffered the safety, causing the 2-point loss.
Pewaukee's offense was blanked for the second straight week. In eight quarters this season, the PHS offense is a minus-2 points.
Pewaukee fell to 0-2 with the defeat.
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts