Pewaukee's varsity football team opened the 2011 home season Friday night by suffering a 9-7 Woodland Conference loss to Greenfield.
With the game tied at 7-7 in the fourth quarter, four Greenfield defenders sacked PHS quarterback Brock Bateman for a safety, providing the winning points.
Greenfield led 7-0 at halftime but watched as Austin Schroeder of the Pirates blocked a 39-yard field goal try and the loose ball was picked up and returned for a touchdown by Josh Berg midway in the third quarter.
Three series later the Pirates suffered the safety, causing the 2-point loss.
Pewaukee's offense was blanked for the second straight week. In eight quarters this season, the PHS offense is a minus-2 points.
Pewaukee fell to 0-2 with the defeat.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts