Pewaukee's varsity football team opened the 2011 home season Friday night by suffering a 9-7 Woodland Conference loss to Greenfield.
With the game tied at 7-7 in the fourth quarter, four Greenfield defenders sacked PHS quarterback Brock Bateman for a safety, providing the winning points.
Greenfield led 7-0 at halftime but watched as Austin Schroeder of the Pirates blocked a 39-yard field goal try and the loose ball was picked up and returned for a touchdown by Josh Berg midway in the third quarter.
Three series later the Pirates suffered the safety, causing the 2-point loss.
Pewaukee's offense was blanked for the second straight week. In eight quarters this season, the PHS offense is a minus-2 points.
Pewaukee fell to 0-2 with the defeat.
- Hy. 83 accident causes delays (0)
- Early registration offered for St. Paul kindergarten (0)
- Christmas in Eagle Friday night (0)
- Update on armed robbery in Sussex (0)
- Armed robbery at Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Police surround Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Big Bend to host first holiday event Friday (0)
- Water clean-up close Lake Country Lutheran for the day (0)
- Mukwonago woman sentenced for $250k theft from Brookfield business (0)
- Sheriff's Department releases sketch of Town of Eagle suspect (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007