Pewaukee's varsity football team opened the 2011 home season Friday night by suffering a 9-7 Woodland Conference loss to Greenfield.
With the game tied at 7-7 in the fourth quarter, four Greenfield defenders sacked PHS quarterback Brock Bateman for a safety, providing the winning points.
Greenfield led 7-0 at halftime but watched as Austin Schroeder of the Pirates blocked a 39-yard field goal try and the loose ball was picked up and returned for a touchdown by Josh Berg midway in the third quarter.
Three series later the Pirates suffered the safety, causing the 2-point loss.
Pewaukee's offense was blanked for the second straight week. In eight quarters this season, the PHS offense is a minus-2 points.
Pewaukee fell to 0-2 with the defeat.
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts