City of Delafield - A spokeswoman for an attorney for the Hartland Sportsman Club said she is "hopeful but not sure" documents can be filed on behalf of the gun club in time for a public hearing to be held later this month on whether the city should allow the gun club to reopen.
The documents must be filed with the City Clerk by the end of business today in order for a hearing to be scheduled at the next Plan Commission meeting which is November 30. The deadline is necessary in order to give the clerk adequate time to review and distribute the documents to city officials and post required legal notices prior to the hearing, according to City Clerk Gina Gresch.
An assistant to Milwaukee attorney Brian Randall said he was working on the documents but she was not sure if he could complete the work by the deadline. She said he intended to talk with city officials later today.
Gresch said this afternoon she had not been contacted by Randall although she sent him emails on Monday and Tuesday reminding him of the deadline.
If the documents are not filed on time, another hearing could not be schedule until January because there is no Plan Commission meeting scheduled for December.
In its application for a new permit, the gun club has promised to make improvements in safety measures at the firing ranges.
The city revoked the gun club's previous permit in 2010 after neighbors presented evidence indicating the club was failing to meet safety standards required in the permit. A woman was slightly wounded while sitting in a nearby restuarant by a stray pistol bullet that escaped a gun club firing range located on Maple Avenue on the southeast corner of the city.
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007