City of Delafield - A spokeswoman for an attorney for the Hartland Sportsman Club said she is "hopeful but not sure" documents can be filed on behalf of the gun club in time for a public hearing to be held later this month on whether the city should allow the gun club to reopen.
The documents must be filed with the City Clerk by the end of business today in order for a hearing to be scheduled at the next Plan Commission meeting which is November 30. The deadline is necessary in order to give the clerk adequate time to review and distribute the documents to city officials and post required legal notices prior to the hearing, according to City Clerk Gina Gresch.
An assistant to Milwaukee attorney Brian Randall said he was working on the documents but she was not sure if he could complete the work by the deadline. She said he intended to talk with city officials later today.
Gresch said this afternoon she had not been contacted by Randall although she sent him emails on Monday and Tuesday reminding him of the deadline.
If the documents are not filed on time, another hearing could not be schedule until January because there is no Plan Commission meeting scheduled for December.
In its application for a new permit, the gun club has promised to make improvements in safety measures at the firing ranges.
The city revoked the gun club's previous permit in 2010 after neighbors presented evidence indicating the club was failing to meet safety standards required in the permit. A woman was slightly wounded while sitting in a nearby restuarant by a stray pistol bullet that escaped a gun club firing range located on Maple Avenue on the southeast corner of the city.
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Magic is in the air at SummerStage (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- Merton edges Hartland in LOL West (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts