The Mukwonago High School Key Club, along with Fellowship of Christian Athletes, the National Honor Society and the Mukwonago Rotary Club, have been working with Simple Hope, a nonprofit organization, to hold a community packathon from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, Nov. 5, at Mukwonago High School.
Simple Hope sponsors a leper colony, orphanage and nomadic tribe in Tanzania, which, along with other east African countries, is suffering from the worst famine in decades.
Packathon participants will mix food and seal the food into plastic bags that will be sent to Tanzania.
Participants will then walk through the "village experience" by seeing the size of Tanzanian homes, carrying buckets on their heads and experiencing other aspects of Tanzanian life.
Each participant must raise $25 to pay for the food and its transportation. Volunteer time is estimated at about one hour.
For more information, visit www.simple-hope.org/packathon. Sign up for a time slot online or just show up and register at the door. The $25 donation can be paid through website or upon arrival at MHS. Donations are tax deductible.
Those who wish to participate may also register the day of the event.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts