The Mukwonago High School Key Club, along with Fellowship of Christian Athletes, the National Honor Society and the Mukwonago Rotary Club, have been working with Simple Hope, a nonprofit organization, to hold a community packathon from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, Nov. 5, at Mukwonago High School.
Simple Hope sponsors a leper colony, orphanage and nomadic tribe in Tanzania, which, along with other east African countries, is suffering from the worst famine in decades.
Packathon participants will mix food and seal the food into plastic bags that will be sent to Tanzania.
Participants will then walk through the "village experience" by seeing the size of Tanzanian homes, carrying buckets on their heads and experiencing other aspects of Tanzanian life.
Each participant must raise $25 to pay for the food and its transportation. Volunteer time is estimated at about one hour.
For more information, visit www.simple-hope.org/packathon. Sign up for a time slot online or just show up and register at the door. The $25 donation can be paid through website or upon arrival at MHS. Donations are tax deductible.
Those who wish to participate may also register the day of the event.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts