The Mukwonago High School Key Club, along with Fellowship of Christian Athletes, the National Honor Society and the Mukwonago Rotary Club, have been working with Simple Hope, a nonprofit organization, to hold a community packathon from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, Nov. 5, at Mukwonago High School.
Simple Hope sponsors a leper colony, orphanage and nomadic tribe in Tanzania, which, along with other east African countries, is suffering from the worst famine in decades.
Packathon participants will mix food and seal the food into plastic bags that will be sent to Tanzania.
Participants will then walk through the "village experience" by seeing the size of Tanzanian homes, carrying buckets on their heads and experiencing other aspects of Tanzanian life.
Each participant must raise $25 to pay for the food and its transportation. Volunteer time is estimated at about one hour.
For more information, visit www.simple-hope.org/packathon. Sign up for a time slot online or just show up and register at the door. The $25 donation can be paid through website or upon arrival at MHS. Donations are tax deductible.
Those who wish to participate may also register the day of the event.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts