Pewaukee's varsity football team had its impressive nine-game winning streak come to a shocking end Friday night as visiting Wisconsin Lutheran rolled over the Pirates in a Level 3 WIAA Division 3 playoff game, 36-0.
The loss ended the PHS season at 9-3.
The Vikings scored touchdowns on their first four possessions of the night and led at halftime, 29-0. Wisconsin Lutheran improved to 10-2.
Pewaukee was outgained at halftime, 338 yards to 49 yards. PHS had just two first downs in the half, both of which came on their first five plays of the game.
Wisco junior running back Adihia Bell scored all five of his team's touchdowns. He scored on runs of 68, 4, 2, 9 and 25 yards.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts