Justin Patrick Welch, who confessed to stabbing 39-year-old Kimberly Smith to death in her Oconomowoc home in 2009 as part of a murder-for-hire scheme, has had his sentencing date moved up to Thursday, Nov. 10.
In exchange for his testimony against Darren Wold, the father of Smith's child, and Jack Johnson, Wold's lifelong friend, the state agreed to recommend that Welch, 28, be eligible for parole at the age of 60. The Judge is not obligated to follow that recommendation.
Welch was originally set to be sentenced on Dec. 2.
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts