Justin Patrick Welch, who confessed to stabbing 39-year-old Kimberly Smith to death in her Oconomowoc home in 2009 as part of a murder-for-hire scheme, has had his sentencing date moved up to Thursday, Nov. 10.
In exchange for his testimony against Darren Wold, the father of Smith's child, and Jack Johnson, Wold's lifelong friend, the state agreed to recommend that Welch, 28, be eligible for parole at the age of 60. The Judge is not obligated to follow that recommendation.
Welch was originally set to be sentenced on Dec. 2.
- AngelsGrace Hospice's 10th anniversary celebration (0)
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts