Justin Patrick Welch, who confessed to stabbing 39-year-old Kimberly Smith to death in her Oconomowoc home in 2009 as part of a murder-for-hire scheme, has had his sentencing date moved up to Thursday, Nov. 10.
In exchange for his testimony against Darren Wold, the father of Smith's child, and Jack Johnson, Wold's lifelong friend, the state agreed to recommend that Welch, 28, be eligible for parole at the age of 60. The Judge is not obligated to follow that recommendation.
Welch was originally set to be sentenced on Dec. 2.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts