Justin Patrick Welch, who confessed to stabbing 39-year-old Kimberly Smith to death in her Oconomowoc home in 2009 as part of a murder-for-hire scheme, has had his sentencing date moved up to Thursday, Nov. 10.
In exchange for his testimony against Darren Wold, the father of Smith's child, and Jack Johnson, Wold's lifelong friend, the state agreed to recommend that Welch, 28, be eligible for parole at the age of 60. The Judge is not obligated to follow that recommendation.
Welch was originally set to be sentenced on Dec. 2.
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- Hy. 16 near Pewaukee closed (0)
- T-shirt sale helps support Special Olympics (0)
- Kettle Moraine High School nationally certified for PLTW (0)
- Oconomowoc couple charged with home break-in (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts