This time of year, when the weather turns cold and blustery, everyone craves comfort food – something warm, tasty and filling.
There is no shortage of good eating in Lake Country this week. There are three events that feature food will fill you up … and you’ll be contributing to worthwhile organizations.
All three are on Sunday, and it’s probably no coincidence that the Packers are not playing that day. They will meet the Viking at home on Monday night.
At St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, 495 St. Augustine Road, Colgate, chili is on the menu. Besides homemade chili, the dinner includes homemade desserts, and beverages. Hearty ham buns are also available as well as a homemade candy sale. Serving times are 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Sunday. Cost is $6.50 for adults and $4 for children. Call (262) 628-2319 for more information.
Wales is having its municipal chili cookoff from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday at Kettle Moraine High School, 349 N. Oak Crest Drive, Wales. Bring two or more nonperishable food items and sample as many of the entries as you like. Call (262) 968-3968 for more information.
The Derby Days parade committee is having a spaghetti dinner fundraiser from 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Bark River Yacht Club, Main Street in Dousman. Besides spaghetti, the dinner includes a salad and garlic bread. Cost is $7.50. For more information call (262) 965-2500.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts