There are a few classic stories that are unmistakably connected with Christmas.
Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol” leaps to mind as does Clement Moore’s beloved poem “’Twas the Night Before Christmas.”
Right up there is “The Nutcracker,” based on the story "The Nutcracker and the King of Mice" written by E.T.A. Hoffman. It is the story of a young German girl who dreams of a Nutcracker Prince and a fierce battle against a Mouse King with seven heads.
Anyone who has seen “The Nutcracker Ballet” will never forget the wonderfully festive party scene, the fast, ferocious fight scene, the enchanting journey through the Land of Snow, and all the charming dances, The Arabian Dance, The Russian Dance, The Chinese Dance and The Waltz of Flowers.
Why not start your holiday season with Lake Country Dance Theatre’s version of “The Nutcracker” at 7 p.m. Friday and noon Saturday, Nov. 18 and 19, at Arrowhead High School.
Tickets for the show are $12 for adults and $10 for children under and seniors over 60. Tickets are available through today at Hartland Music and Fox Brothers Piggly Wiggly.
A free Sugar Plum Festival will be held from 10:45 to 11:30 a.m. before the noon Saturday show that includes pictures with the Sugar Plum Fairy and other characters, games and crafts. Nutcracker goodies and gifts will be available for a small fee.
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007