Around 20 residents stood in the cold for almost an hour this morning as the Oconomowoc Fire Department attendted to a one alarm fire in an eight family apartment building located at 1085 Lowell Dr. in Oconomowoc.
Deputy Fire Chief Glenn Leidel explained that a light ballast in a basement hallway caught fire, causing a cloud of black smoke to fill a downstairs hallway. The fire was contained to the light fixture and the smoke to the hallway, and residents were removed as a precaution. The residents waited outside while the department put out the fire, reset the fire alarm, and ventalted the smoke from the building.
A newborn baby and family waited inside a fire truck to escape the cold during the incident.
No injuries occurred and residents were allowed to return inside.
- Hearing postponed in Rural Home Cemetery case (0)
- Sheriff's lieutenant resigns, state authorities refer charges to D.A. (0)
- Simple Hope packathon held at Mukwonago High School (0)
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts