Around 20 residents stood in the cold for almost an hour this morning as the Oconomowoc Fire Department attendted to a one alarm fire in an eight family apartment building located at 1085 Lowell Dr. in Oconomowoc.
Deputy Fire Chief Glenn Leidel explained that a light ballast in a basement hallway caught fire, causing a cloud of black smoke to fill a downstairs hallway. The fire was contained to the light fixture and the smoke to the hallway, and residents were removed as a precaution. The residents waited outside while the department put out the fire, reset the fire alarm, and ventalted the smoke from the building.
A newborn baby and family waited inside a fire truck to escape the cold during the incident.
No injuries occurred and residents were allowed to return inside.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts