Around 20 residents stood in the cold for almost an hour this morning as the Oconomowoc Fire Department attendted to a one alarm fire in an eight family apartment building located at 1085 Lowell Dr. in Oconomowoc.
Deputy Fire Chief Glenn Leidel explained that a light ballast in a basement hallway caught fire, causing a cloud of black smoke to fill a downstairs hallway. The fire was contained to the light fixture and the smoke to the hallway, and residents were removed as a precaution. The residents waited outside while the department put out the fire, reset the fire alarm, and ventalted the smoke from the building.
A newborn baby and family waited inside a fire truck to escape the cold during the incident.
No injuries occurred and residents were allowed to return inside.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts