Town of Oconomowoc – A 61-year-old Town of Oconomowoc man who was accidentally shot by a member of his deer hunting party yesterday suffered only a minor wound.
Curtis Weide was hunting in the area of Pennsylvania Street and Highway CW late Monday morning and during a deer drive with about five other hunters Weide was hit by a 12 gauge slug shot by another member of the hunting party.
Kyle Drake of the state Department of Natural Resources said as the men moved through a marsh area a couple of deer were stirred and one of the hunters shot at a running deer. The slug apparently ricocheted off something and hit Weide in the left chest area. Drake said he believes the slug ricocheted off something because it only penetrated the hunter’s skin by about a half inch.
"He pulled the slug out himself," Drake said.
Weide was treated and released from a hospital and returned to the accident scene before authorities had left.
"The good news is the guy is OK," said Drake.
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007