Town of Oconomowoc – A 61-year-old Town of Oconomowoc man who was accidentally shot by a member of his deer hunting party yesterday suffered only a minor wound.
Curtis Weide was hunting in the area of Pennsylvania Street and Highway CW late Monday morning and during a deer drive with about five other hunters Weide was hit by a 12 gauge slug shot by another member of the hunting party.
Kyle Drake of the state Department of Natural Resources said as the men moved through a marsh area a couple of deer were stirred and one of the hunters shot at a running deer. The slug apparently ricocheted off something and hit Weide in the left chest area. Drake said he believes the slug ricocheted off something because it only penetrated the hunter’s skin by about a half inch.
"He pulled the slug out himself," Drake said.
Weide was treated and released from a hospital and returned to the accident scene before authorities had left.
"The good news is the guy is OK," said Drake.
- Children's book release party at OPL (0)
- Drug drop off Sept. 27 (0)
- Mukwonago students skype with Shark Tank cast (0)
- Lisbon seeks temporary clerk (0)
- AHS homecoming parade moved to a Sunday (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves building modifications for new restaurant (0)
- Town of Merton considers municipal garbage/recycle contract (0)
- One last canoeing trip (0)
- Bark for Life comes to Field Park on Sept. 20 (0)
- Pewaukee CC teams win at Mayville (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007