Pewaukee's varsity boys basketball team laid some big-time pressure defense on visiting Kettle Moraine Friday night and rolled to a 71-53 nonconference win over the Lasers in the first game of the season for both teams.
The Pirates forced KM into 17 first-half turnovers as they led 38-24 at halftime. Kettle Moraine finished with 30 turnovers. Pewaukee had 19 for the night.
Senior Jordy Edgerson led the Pirates with 16 points. Austin Hansen added 10 points for the winners and Ben Steker grabbed a career-best 13 rebounds.
KM was led by sophomore guard Paul Miller. In his first varsity game, Miller fired in 20 points. He missed just two shots from the field.
- AngelsGrace Hospice's 10th anniversary celebration (0)
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts