Pewaukee's varsity boys basketball team laid some big-time pressure defense on visiting Kettle Moraine Friday night and rolled to a 71-53 nonconference win over the Lasers in the first game of the season for both teams.
The Pirates forced KM into 17 first-half turnovers as they led 38-24 at halftime. Kettle Moraine finished with 30 turnovers. Pewaukee had 19 for the night.
Senior Jordy Edgerson led the Pirates with 16 points. Austin Hansen added 10 points for the winners and Ben Steker grabbed a career-best 13 rebounds.
KM was led by sophomore guard Paul Miller. In his first varsity game, Miller fired in 20 points. He missed just two shots from the field.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts