Pewaukee's varsity boys basketball team laid some big-time pressure defense on visiting Kettle Moraine Friday night and rolled to a 71-53 nonconference win over the Lasers in the first game of the season for both teams.
The Pirates forced KM into 17 first-half turnovers as they led 38-24 at halftime. Kettle Moraine finished with 30 turnovers. Pewaukee had 19 for the night.
Senior Jordy Edgerson led the Pirates with 16 points. Austin Hansen added 10 points for the winners and Ben Steker grabbed a career-best 13 rebounds.
KM was led by sophomore guard Paul Miller. In his first varsity game, Miller fired in 20 points. He missed just two shots from the field.
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- Find steady work at Manpower job fair (0)
- Join the Garden Adoption Program (0)
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts