Pewaukee's varsity boys basketball team laid some big-time pressure defense on visiting Kettle Moraine Friday night and rolled to a 71-53 nonconference win over the Lasers in the first game of the season for both teams.
The Pirates forced KM into 17 first-half turnovers as they led 38-24 at halftime. Kettle Moraine finished with 30 turnovers. Pewaukee had 19 for the night.
Senior Jordy Edgerson led the Pirates with 16 points. Austin Hansen added 10 points for the winners and Ben Steker grabbed a career-best 13 rebounds.
KM was led by sophomore guard Paul Miller. In his first varsity game, Miller fired in 20 points. He missed just two shots from the field.
- Stay informed, recycle more in Waukesha County (0)
- Islamic Society speaker presents at Mukwonago church tonight (0)
- Anti-Walmart protesters pack Oconomowoc City Council meeting (0)
- Kettle Moraine moves to 12-0 (0)
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- Merton Avenue ramp closed (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts