Pewaukee's varsity boys basketball team laid some big-time pressure defense on visiting Kettle Moraine Friday night and rolled to a 71-53 nonconference win over the Lasers in the first game of the season for both teams.
The Pirates forced KM into 17 first-half turnovers as they led 38-24 at halftime. Kettle Moraine finished with 30 turnovers. Pewaukee had 19 for the night.
Senior Jordy Edgerson led the Pirates with 16 points. Austin Hansen added 10 points for the winners and Ben Steker grabbed a career-best 13 rebounds.
KM was led by sophomore guard Paul Miller. In his first varsity game, Miller fired in 20 points. He missed just two shots from the field.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts