WE Energies sent out phone calls to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT) this morning to investigate if a light pole at the intersection of Highway 83 and Highway I was placed too close to a power line causing power outages to Town of Mukwonago residents during a gusty Tuesday morning.
Construction just wrapped up last week Wednesday on the Highway 83 reconstruction between Highway NN in Mukwonago and Highway 59 in Genesee, and WE Energies wonders if the pole was misplaced during construction.
Town of Mukwonago Police report that high winds caused several wires to sway and make contact with the metal pole blowing out the power at the intersection.
WE Energies reports that around 2,000 customers saw a split second power outage just after 6 a.m. Tuesday but that around 2,000 customers were without power for around 50 minutes, and just over 50 customers were in the dark for around 70 minutes as power was restored.
Town of Mukwonago Police had the intersection closed for around an hour to allow WE Energies to restore power.
No one was hurt and no vehicles were damaged during the incident.
- Schimel denies Butler cop's allegations (0)
- Another teenager charged in connection to weapons found at high school (0)
- Area schools thrive in recent DPI report card (0)
- Presentation of Salem Witch Trials on Oct. 22 (0)
- Car thefts spark sheriff's warning to protect property near Norris Adolescent Center (0)
- Hawkfest tomorrow (0)
- Children's book release party at OPL (0)
- Drug drop off Sept. 27 (0)
- Mukwonago students skype with Shark Tank cast (0)
- Lisbon seeks temporary clerk (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007