Arrowhead's varsity boys hockey team improved to 2-0 on the season Tuesday night by scoring a 2-1 victory over visiting Fond du Lac at the Mullett Center. It's the second time in five years and third time in nine seasons the Warhawks have started 2-0.
The game-winning goal came with just 4:48 remaining in the game. Garrett Opay scored that goal after picking up a perfect pass from Jared Johnson.
AHS led 1-0 after the first period when Johnson scored. Mike Adams had the assist on that goal.
The game was tied at 1-1 after two periiods.
Arrowhead goalie Tim Routes had a big game for the winners. He saved 22 of 23 shots for the night.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts