Arrowhead's varsity boys hockey team improved to 2-0 on the season Tuesday night by scoring a 2-1 victory over visiting Fond du Lac at the Mullett Center. It's the second time in five years and third time in nine seasons the Warhawks have started 2-0.
The game-winning goal came with just 4:48 remaining in the game. Garrett Opay scored that goal after picking up a perfect pass from Jared Johnson.
AHS led 1-0 after the first period when Johnson scored. Mike Adams had the assist on that goal.
The game was tied at 1-1 after two periiods.
Arrowhead goalie Tim Routes had a big game for the winners. He saved 22 of 23 shots for the night.
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts