Village of Pewaukee - Students at Pewaukee High School were evacuated this morning due to a strong odor.
Pewaukee Fire Chief Kevin Bierce said epoxy was being used in an addition under construction and westerly winds carried the odor throughout the high school. The call for a strong odor came in at 10:02 a.m. and fire department personnel and Village of Pewaukee police responded. High school students were released for the day.
Bierce said the school has been checked out and meter readings show the air quality is fine.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts