The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT) has confirmed that a light pole was indeed misplaced resulting in a power outage for around 2,000 Town of Mukwonago customers Tuesday morning as a power line swing in the high winds and shorted upon contact with the pole near Highway I and Highway 83.
The outage began around 6 a.m. on Tuesday and lasted around 50 minutes for the 2,000 WE Energies customers, and an additional 50 customers were without power for around 70 minutes.
The DOT states that the pole has been removed for now, and will be repositioned.
Check the Dec. 7 edition of the Mukwonago Chief for more information.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts