The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT) has confirmed that a light pole was indeed misplaced resulting in a power outage for around 2,000 Town of Mukwonago customers Tuesday morning as a power line swing in the high winds and shorted upon contact with the pole near Highway I and Highway 83.
The outage began around 6 a.m. on Tuesday and lasted around 50 minutes for the 2,000 WE Energies customers, and an additional 50 customers were without power for around 70 minutes.
The DOT states that the pole has been removed for now, and will be repositioned.
Check the Dec. 7 edition of the Mukwonago Chief for more information.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts