The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT) has confirmed that a light pole was indeed misplaced resulting in a power outage for around 2,000 Town of Mukwonago customers Tuesday morning as a power line swing in the high winds and shorted upon contact with the pole near Highway I and Highway 83.
The outage began around 6 a.m. on Tuesday and lasted around 50 minutes for the 2,000 WE Energies customers, and an additional 50 customers were without power for around 70 minutes.
The DOT states that the pole has been removed for now, and will be repositioned.
Check the Dec. 7 edition of the Mukwonago Chief for more information.
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- Hy. 16 near Pewaukee closed (0)
- T-shirt sale helps support Special Olympics (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts