Arrowhead's varsity girls basketball team opened the 2010-11 season Friday night by defeating visiting West Allis Central in a nonconference game, 56-51.
AHS rolled to a 35-22 lead at halftime and led by as many as 17 points. In the second half they struggled, allowing Central to get to within three points (54-51) with 9.6 seconds to play. Two free throws by sisters Kelly and Jenny Smith in the final 7.1 seconds iced the win for the Warhawks.
Jenny Smith fired in 17 points to lead the winners. Amanda Bauer and Kyle Davis had 10 points apiece.
Central was led by UW-Green Bay recruit Mehryn Kraker who fired in 24 points.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts