Arrowhead's varsity girls basketball team opened the 2010-11 season Friday night by defeating visiting West Allis Central in a nonconference game, 56-51.
AHS rolled to a 35-22 lead at halftime and led by as many as 17 points. In the second half they struggled, allowing Central to get to within three points (54-51) with 9.6 seconds to play. Two free throws by sisters Kelly and Jenny Smith in the final 7.1 seconds iced the win for the Warhawks.
Jenny Smith fired in 17 points to lead the winners. Amanda Bauer and Kyle Davis had 10 points apiece.
Central was led by UW-Green Bay recruit Mehryn Kraker who fired in 24 points.
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts