Arrowhead's varsity girls basketball team opened the 2010-11 season Friday night by defeating visiting West Allis Central in a nonconference game, 56-51.
AHS rolled to a 35-22 lead at halftime and led by as many as 17 points. In the second half they struggled, allowing Central to get to within three points (54-51) with 9.6 seconds to play. Two free throws by sisters Kelly and Jenny Smith in the final 7.1 seconds iced the win for the Warhawks.
Jenny Smith fired in 17 points to lead the winners. Amanda Bauer and Kyle Davis had 10 points apiece.
Central was led by UW-Green Bay recruit Mehryn Kraker who fired in 24 points.
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- Find steady work at Manpower job fair (0)
- Join the Garden Adoption Program (0)
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts